Should I get this airbrush starter kit?

BigMarv

New Hunter
I Need to spray a cylon helmet with Alclad II chrome, and am having to introduce myself to airbrushing.

Now I can only ever see me using the airbrush for occasional use, but even the cheapest and nastiest airbrush with propellant & adapters etc. starts working out around £30-£40 even if you go down the tyre route.

The question is, would something like this do a better job, and save me hassle in the long run? :

link removed - sorry guys

Thanks in advance

Marv.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks really cool, but I'm not to knowledgeable about airbrushes, I've never used one myself. It is also against the Code of Conduct to post live ebay auctions here on the forums. Just so ya know :)

Sorry guys - details here price £55 inc delivery:

Baby Air Compressor + Airbrush Gun KIT

as16_simple2shop.jpg

Fantastic cute compressor KIT very powerful and highly portable, you'll love it from the 1st minute

*Amazing product for a fraction of the high street prices*
Airbrush compressor

Our compressor AS16, together with a airbrush Gun, can be widely used in craftwork spraying, cosmetics, tanning, hobbies/models, nail art and general airbrushing.

1.Piston structure; smart and applied, and be suitable to cooperate with all kind of airbrush. Cute shape mini air compressor AS16K-1 are specially suitable for cosmetics and nail art, body painting and body tattoo.

2.Double safety protection inside; it will discharge the pressure to control the pressure in a certain scope; a hot protection equipment inside, so the motor will shut down when the temperature over hot accidentally.

Features:
AS16 Compressor
·Portable & lightweight.
·Thermally protected.
·Low noise.
·Simple and easy to operate.

Specifications:
Type: Piston Compressor
Power: 1/8 HP
Voltage: 220-240V / 50HZ
110-120V, 220V / 60HZ
Maximum pressure: 2.8bar(40PSI)
Air output per min./litres: 13L/min
Connections: with connection 1/8'' BSP
Net Weight: 2.1KG
Dimension: 180X110X145mm
Electric Cable: 1.9 M

Airbrush Gun HS300
HS300 Series professional airbrushes offer a variety of styles - gravity feed, slotted gravity feed and side feed to satisfy every professional's needs. Each of these exceptional airbrushes offers precision performance for a soft spray pattern and tight line detail. The perfect choice for nail art painting, cake decorators, graphic artists, clothes painting, body painting etc.

These airbrushes run the gamut from fine detail to background coverage. A 1/3oz (10.5ml) permanently mounted colour cup lets you get close to your work and allows easy cleaning and colour changing. Gravity feed airbrush with Fine needles, permanently mounted1/3 oz. colour cup, friction cap to prevent spillage, counter-balanced handle, protective cap, wrench for head and instruction manual Supplied in plastic case.

Specifications:
Fluid Nozzle: 0.2mm
Air Consumption: 15~30PSI
Capacity Of Fix Cup: 2CC
Double-action Trigger Air-Paint Control.
Spray Control: Back stop screw
Suitable for Artwork, Design Painting, Nail Art

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a pretty decent setup.
My only concern would be the size of the paint cup for what you said you'd like to use it for. If you're planning to do a whole helmet, you'd probably need a larger paint reservoir.

Run a search for Paasche H-Set Single Action Airbrush Painting Set

Its way easyer to clean and comes with an extra large paint jar.

As far as aircompressors, I used a large multi use one. Just find a place that sells them (In the us a wall mart or home depot) and get a small to medium sized one. You can use it for other things too and get a wide range of PSI. All together you will be out around $100 us dollars for the set up but will be able to airbrush with the best of em.

Run a search for Paasche H-Set Single Action Airbrush Painting Set

Its way easyer to clean and comes with an extra large paint jar.

As far as aircompressors, I used a large multi use one. Just find a place that sells them (In the us a wall mart or home depot) and get a small to medium sized one. You can use it for other things too and get a wide range of PSI. All together you will be out around $100 us dollars for the set up but will be able to airbrush with the best of em.

Cheers Evan

Ended up just buying some propellant and borrowing a friends chepo brush. If I take to it though I'll def. be going down the Paasche route.

Best regards

Paul.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back