ok I just got my chest Display now my question is..

morpheus1977

Active Hunter
HOW DO I MOUNT THIS THING lol.
this is what my chest piece looks like.
front
IMG_3437.gif

back
IMG_3438.gif

and the vest I use.
IMG_3439.gif

now I have already excepted the fact I will have to punch a small hole in the vest for the wires to pass through and just have the battery attached on the inside of the vest. My mulitple questions are (because I dont want to screw this up) whats the best way to attach it to the armor piece? velcro? hot glue? do I make the windows the same size as the display units so they slide though? or do I make them slightly smaller. I would love some help with this....

I used aluminum duct tape to hold my chest display onto the rear of it. There are more fancy ways to go, but it works for me. I don't have the dimensions of the chest cut-outs on hand, perhaps somebody will chime in with them.

Steve

I use snaps to attach my plates to vest, but here is a pic. I used hot glue for the board and just put a little piece of velcro on the 9V

This is a BM chest plate V2 with a Tk409 light. The top section slides right in and the bottom sits back against the plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hot glue mine in. I have the Shackman lights. Remember to put a small peice of dark visor lense between the armor and the lights to dim them a bit.

I also hot glue mine in, but I have a slit in my vest to allow the wire to run through it. That way, I don't have to take the armor off the vest to turn it on/off or to change the battery. My battery is attached to my jumpsuit.

I ended up just using a butt load of hot glue to attach it and all I have to do is build up the courage to put a whole in my vest for the battery line LOL

ok so I have every thing attached but now the armor plate sticks out a little so I may have to cut a hole in my vest the size of the circuit board to it sits in the hole (I am not the only one who has had to this correct?? I am very nervous about cutting a big ol hold in it...)

Yea I think most of us cut holes in the vest for it. I am actually cutting two holes, one behind each armor peice since the shackman lights are two boards.

well the only whole I had to end up making was just for the wire it self. the armor plate stick out just a little bit nothing that a couple extra pieces of velcro cant fix...

i have the shackman display (the 2 board style).

both boards are inside my vest, duct taped in. the vest is cut through to let the lights out of the chest.

I cut a hole in my vest, ran the cord down to one of my pouches. The board doesn't lay flat on a curved chest plate so I just cut a few pieces of styene, hotglued them on to the board to make little feet to level it out - then hotglued the feet to the armor.

fett-chestdisplay2.jpg

fett-chestdisplay3.jpg

fett-chestdisplay1.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back