Well-Known Hunter
what happened to my progress thread?
here's where it was

Now it's gone, why?
:confused :confused :confused :confused

EDIT - Removed link to deleted thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sarlacc Pit digested it my friend.

Seriously, I think all threads in the Sarlacc Pit with no new posts for 4 weeks are automatically purged.

Correction: threads marked as "offiical" are not purged. I also believe the admin staff can select certain threads that are not to be purged.

I see
a heads up before deleting would have been nice.
I don't have the "in progress" pics stored anywhere, so they are gone forever now.

The Sarlacc Pit digested it my friend.

Seriously, I think all threads in the Sarlacc Pit with no new posts for 4 weeks are automatically purged.

Correction: threads marked as "offiical" are not purged. I also believe the admin staff can select certain threads that are not to be purged.

As Jimmy BufFETT pointed out in the above quotes, and in accordance with the Code of Conduct, topics in the Sarlacc Pit are purged if they have not been replied to after 4 weeks. While we regret that you didn't save your progress images, it is not our responsibility to give every poster a heads up when a thread is deleted as everyone is expected to be familiar with the Code of Conduct. This time limit was instituted when the Sarlacc Pit was created. The same goes for the Cargo Hold- they get 14 days from the first post. However, as is also pointed out, it is at the discretion of the administration to save particular threads of interest within the Sarlacc Pit. If any member believes a particular thread should NOT be deleted after 4 weeks of inactivity, you are welcome to send a request to the administration.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that you are angry that your thread was deleted has been made clear. The administration has also made our point clear regarding the longstanding rules of the Sarlacc Pit. There is no point in beating a dead horse or attempting to somehow shame the administration for having deleted your thread but not having deleted what you feel to be a less worthy thread. If you will look a bit more closely, you will see that there are a number of threads from approx the middle of Nov through early Dec that have been missed in being deleted. This is a simple oversite. The administration is human. It happens.

I will remind you that the Sarlacc Pit is an OFF TOPIC forum. Posting your Boba, Jango and Zam related threads in this forum only serves to hurt the board as those threads will ultimately be deleted and not archived for future Fett costumers to see. If you choose to post in the Sarlacc Pit because you feel that you will get more views and attention there, you do so at the risk of the eventual deletion of your thread.

D

Trust me when I say there was no conspiracy as to why the thread was deleted. I and the other admins have no axe to grind and reason to remove it. We do the job we were asked to do and do it on a volunteer basis hoping to help TDH run smoothly.

hmm I allways thought that when people said automatically, that the sarlacc pit was programmed to delete threads that were past the expiration date. Shows how much I know about this stuff.

It is not automatically programmed to do it but I try and do it daily and there is a method where I can just run a search for the appropriate parameters and then mass purge the threads rather than having to go through the forum itself and look for threads. So it is automated in a way.

I have a quick question that just occured to me after reading this thread- There are forums for all the different aspects of a Boba Fett costume; but where would the administrators suggest someone who wanted to post an ongoing progress thread of an entire costume? Or is it best to split it up?

Phil

I think it's best to keep it split up. In all honesty I think if there was a full costume build up section, it would be misused and would end up getting just helmets or just armor in it. Where they're all sepreate peices anyway it makes more sense to have the seperate categories and then the photo album for finished fett costumes.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back