Rorschach9's Scratchbuild v3

rorschach9

New Hunter
After getting about 90% done on the build up of my foamboard/pvc jet pack I scrapped it (well, put it aside for possible use later) and started all over again.

This time I went with almost entirely cardboard. The ONLY thing in this pack that is not cardboard are the fuel cells which I used PVC Pipe for (Central Vac pipe to be exact .. very thin and very very light) and the straps.

It still needs a few touch ups on the paint job, details and weathering but not bad for a total of about 26 hours work and $50, paint included!

Total weight is about 4.5 pounds.

Materials used : Cardboard (mail stiffener boards), Central Vac Tubing, contact cement, spray paints, straps and plastic connectors.

Picture064.gif

Picture063.gif

Picture033-1.gif

I forgot to mention this was done using WoF's templates :) Couldnt have done it without him!

I've done more work on it .. pics to come once I get my batteries charged up again. hehe

As promised .. My harness system.

It's pretty simple really. I took an old Military Web Harness that I had lying around (got it at the army surplus store about 15 or more years ago). I snipped off the 2 metal hooks that were on the back of the shoulder section so that they wouldnt lift my backplate up.

Then, I took some nylon strapping and a plastic buckle .. using snaps I made the two sections, and snapped them around the existing loop on the web harness, and the other half I snapped around a length of PVC pipe inside the pack.

Adjustable and I can take it all apart easily if I need to.

Picture011.gif

Picture014.gif

Picture017.gif

Except for a beacon (which I havn't managed to find anything suitable for cheap/scratchbuild purposes yet) and the keys (which I will make, paint and apply later), the jet pack is done, painted, weathered and ready to go!

Picture247.gif

Picture248.gif

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back