It has arrived...

Darasuum Verd

Active Hunter
Well here she is, not teh best helmet, but not the worse. In my opinion I think it rocks, but hey it's my first helmet and I'm poor so it was teh best I could get. I'm satisfied with it. I will be painting it to go with my Custom, red and black ( for teh cheek border) so, here it is:

DSC07069.jpg

DSC07070.jpg

DSC07071.jpg

DSC07072.jpg

DSC07073.jpg

DSC07077.jpg

DSC07084.jpg

DSC07088.jpg

DSC07094.jpg

DSC07095.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
eh.... that first shot is funny, the shirt I'm wearing is kinda small and bulges sometimes.... oh ya, forgot this one... I really like this one, don't know how it happened though:

DSC07075.jpg

Congrats, brotha! Can't wait to see the paint scheme flesh out.

You must be pretty small for it to look that big on you! :lol:

yeah Mandoman, like I said, expecting a growth spurt anyday now, and I am getting taller.... maybe its happening now... as I type.... my legs hurt.... sry, OT :). Anyway, I am gonna pick up my paints tommorrow, then I'll probably start painting on Saturday. And whenever I finish I will post some pics

Hoping for a quick responce to this one, I'm going to Wal-Mart soon to get my paints, and I was wondering, should I sand the old paint off before I put the new paints on?

EDIT: What do I need to fill in teh Dent?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fill in the dent, yes.

Yes, sand down. Get several grades of sandpaper, so shes gets as smooth as you can get her.

Painting wise, swing over to the automotive section and find the Dupli-Color paints, get Dupli-Color Adhesion Promoter, its helps the paint stick to the PVC. You wont regre it.

Hoping for a quick responce to this one, I'm going to Wal-Mart soon to get my paints, and I was wondering, should I sand the old paint off before I put the new paints on?

EDIT: What do I need to fill in teh Dent?

It's a good idea to sand and wash the whole thing to prep for painting. Use primer as your first coat, it helps all the paint stick to the helmet better.

To fill in the dent use bondo or 2 part epoxy putty. Be sure to work in a ventilated area, like outside. :lol: Also, wear some sort of dust or particle mask, you don't want to stunt your growth right before a growth spurt right?

(y)

K, I've got pics that are kinda old. The first couple are when the helmet was silver. The last two are when the red and black was painted on. I think I did ok, but it was just a paint test to see how it would work. I should be able to fill in that blasted dent sometime soon, and then I will do the "final" paint job.... yea right. ;) Mandalore FTW!

DSC07128.jpg

DSC07140.jpg

DSC07164.jpg

DSC07168.jpg

Being killed by the fumes from working on your first helmet would be bad, and tragically ironic.

Plan on wethering it?I couln't tell from the image. A clearer pic of it painted would be cool if ya get the chance :)

Keep up the good work and congrats on the whole growing up thing, lol.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back