finaly starting my armour

thanks...i think i know where i can get some...my father is a motor bike paint artist...so i have a cupboard full of masks and heat guns at his house...just itching to be used...i will probably go for this now then...i'll keep you guys posted...thanks for the help

It sounds like you have a good plan for your mando. I too have a sleeveless tunic. It is great in hot weather and allows me to show off my mando tattoo.;) I'm the one kneeling in the red and black.

DCONTDH1.gif

As for Sentra, I contacted my local sign store and they had some scrap pieces they just gave me.

wow cheers, ive seen pics of you before, i think it was at the same place, but you could see all the mandos and the hutt in the back ground lk, loving the coif idea, i toyed with that idea myself, but im more into stealth, and i bet that a coif would be really quiet lol, cheers though, i actually think i found somehwere that i can get some sintra so i could well be on my way...oh and i have a paint mock up of my bucket, with weathering, obviously i havnt got it yet, but this i did on paint on my pc...anyway here goes:-

buyceplan2.jpg

the yellow is acctually cream, but paint doesnt have cream so i had to go as close as possible lol...any critisisms welcome, im new to the mando world (i dont really think every mando would have a range finder...so i went with a torch instead, thats what is there instead of the rf...its a torch lol)

The Coif is kind of noisy when I walk but my character is a Jedi Hunter and in my backstory the coif is made of cortosis/mandoa steel weave to defend from jedi head hunters.

Last edited by a moderator:
great news...my bucket arived yesterday...over a week early...good sign lol...anyway...mods start tonight and tomorow...i'll keep you guys posted

ok internally the bucket is complete, externally the first coat of paint is drying, and my armour begins tomorow...woo hoo, i should have a whole suit of armour in time to wear it to builth well motor bike show!!! yes!

ok, my hands are covered in paint, my back feels lk i have a hipo balancing on it, but im done, the bucket is complete, my sister has taken my camera with her to a party so i'll have to take pics in the morining, all i have to do is reatatch the torch (ive lost it, so i cant put it on tonight lol) and im done...my armour starts tomorow!

ok guys its been a while in the making (not 4 days doesnt exactly count as a long time lol) but here it is...my almost complete bucket...paint is done extept for a little bit of cream i still ned to add one coat to...but here goes:-

DSCF2189.jpg

this is me in my bucket

DSCF2190.jpg

this is a close up of the "mandalorian cat scratch"

DSCF2191.jpg

this is a shot of the weathering and acid burn

DSCF2192.jpg

more weathering shots

DSCF2193.jpg

another weathering shot...and also i have s shot of my unmodded blaster pistol:-

DSCF2197.jpg

DSCF2198.jpg

and finnaly i have WIP shots of my chest armour:-

DSCF2195.jpg

The helmets looking sweet. I like the rusty weathering, makes it look like it's been handed down from father to son over the decades.

Really creative choice for the blaster. Is it some kind of air hose attachment? It'll be neat to see how it turns out. Keep up the good work!

the gun is an expandable foam spry gun ,it srays the foam into holes in buildings to seal the hole...but its main mechanism is broken...so my father gave it to me as a weapon for my costume

ok so i have fixed a torch to the open RF point until i can find something more substantial to put in its place or incorperate to it...im thinking some kind of scanning device, that goes to a HUD inside the bucket (obviously non functional....for now!)

lol...cheers shadow...it's nearly finished...i tried on all the armour i have so far today...doesnt look too bad...just a little bit of reshaping i have to do to the gut plate and then its down to paint....i desperatly need a tidy vest...the one im using is terrible lol

Can't wait to see what you end up doing with that unmodded blaster you plan to use..... outfit is looking great so far... Keep up the hard work...

the gut plate went from bad to worse when i went to reshape it...but i have plenty of sintra, im going to start again...the gut plate was too small anyway lol...cheers valcar, the mod's to the pistol come as soon as my armour is finished

cheers valcar...i did a new gut plate...turned out much better...its all painted now aswell....just a few details and the weathering to do now !!!!!!!!!

ok so its update time...i have had an idea...because of some damage to the back of my gut plate the velcro cant stick to it...and i havnt got enough sintra left to make a third...so i have a remedy...if i were to put o coating or some sort of the back of the plate...the velcro should stick....any idea's what kind of coating i can use?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back