Scratchbuilt toe spikes

drokkul

Well-Known Hunter
Just thought I would post a quick couple of pics of my spikes. I've only got one set done so far and haven't weathered them yet.

This was done using the tips on BM's website...

With flash...
DSC01956.jpg

without flash...
DSC01957.jpg

Still have some minor touchup work to do, but I think they look ok for a $10 investment.

What do ya' think?

what did you use for adhesive? I used JB Weld, also fire hardened the wood spikes prior to putting them on. Havent had them fall off yet.

what did you use for adhesive? I used JB Weld, also fire hardened the wood spikes prior to putting them on. Havent had them fall off yet.

Thanks everybody!

I also used JB Weld. The spikes on mine are actually aluminum rod, though. Just ground down the tips with my belt sander and then fine tuned them by hand with varying grit sandpapers.

Got both sets done now. Here is a quick pic with them on the boot. Thanks for the tips BM.

(still have to weather them some...)

DSC01969.jpg

Thank you very much.

I've started a plan of attack on Boba. I have been kind of piddling around for too long and decided to start from the ground up, finish one region before moving up to the next.

Your welcome! I did the opposite. I ordered a helmet and then started purchasing all of the soft parts. I'm down to needing boot spikes to finish them off...then it's time for armor, JP, gauntlets ;) .

Thank you very much.

I've started a plan of attack on Boba. I have been kind of piddling around for too long and decided to start from the ground up, finish one region before moving up to the next.

Yeah I've already got everything pretty much. Just needs paint and some minor assembly. I am going to leave painting the helmet for very last. It's a Sgt Fang that completely prepped, just waiting for paint.;)

I was scared to paint my helmet! I wanted it to look really good, after all that's the main focus of the costume. I purchased a Bobamaker (with his painting service). Way too many details for me! Are you painting yours? Sorry to derail your boot spike thread :) .

Yeah I've already got everything pretty much. Just needs paint and some minor assembly. I am going to leave painting the helmet for very last. It's a Sgt Fang that completely prepped, just waiting for paint.;)

No worries about derailment.

Yeah I plan on painting it myself. I'm fairly well versed art wise. Although pastel/chalks are more my thing, I'm no stranger to paint at all.;)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back