mold casting matl's

I found this thread at the right time. I spent most of last year making masters for some Fett stuff for multiple suits for myself and a friend. I wanted my own gear this time around and using Allen's templates and my years here I built the helmet, jet pack, guantlets, and some armor parts. I plan on posting all this at later time with pics and more info on it, as well as the many thanks other members here deserve for all the advice they give out daily.

I'm really not wanting to do to much in fiberglass because I've had bad experiences with it in the past trying to salvage a buddies jet pack for him. So I'll be doing more research now in alternatives to FG.

FP brought up Rebound 25 and that is what I've been planning on using for mold making. My concern has been about how much silicone would be required for the helmet (in the 1 gallon kits)? And pretty much the same question for the resin 1 gallon kits for slush casting 1 helmet.

I've casted some small hobby parts before with random resins but haven't decided on what to use for the final stuff. Been looking at the C-1515 and C-1520 from smoothon but have no idea how they compare. I'll probably end up getting trial kits of a bunch of different products and experimenting some.

FP's comment on the aluminum filled resin got me a little worried because I was planning to use that for some parts. What should that not be used for and any info on the metal powders?

Just waiting for the weather to get a little warmer first.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back