My 20 lb. back armor!

Thanks guys for clarifying that. Here's another side by side that is better scaled hight-wise, I think. The students are taking state tests this week, so I've got plenty of time to nit-pick this thing at work.

I've decided to flare out the top outside parts of the shoulders just a tad (1/8"-3/16") to give it a little more of that flare seen in the ref. pic. I'm now convinced that the sides actually consist of three varying angles: a top, a center, and a bottom.

I've also decided to lower the jp strap overhangs by about 1/2"-5/8". I gotta do it or I won't be satisfied, and I think this is a very obvious discrepancy when looking at the comparison pics.

I want you guys to be happy with what you're getting.(y)

Any other suggestions in adjustments, please let me know. I really mean that!

1.jpg

2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but I've been doing some thinking, and I don't want this to be a piece that people will have to spend even more $$ to upgrade later.

And if you ever have to take your jp off for whatever reason, I want people to say "D A N G, that is one nice and accurate backplate!":lol: ;) (y)

Cruzer, your dedication is incredible.

I am ont in a rush for this, but I know some are, so I hesitantly put this out there.

The top of bottom cut out on the original Jango seems to be more rounded at the top, where your inscribed line seems to straighten out across the top, could be angles, etc...but I just made a reference line:
cjpcirclecopy.gif

I agree with bringing the jp slots down a hair..that will make the area around the neck and shoulders look a lot better.

You are right there, man you should be sleeping like a baby soon! ;)

Yeah, you are absolutely right, CG, and I'll fix that too.
I was also thinking I went a little too high (1/8"-1/4") on that cut-out area, so this would be the perfect opportunity to bring it down a little and recreate it with more curve.

Thanks(y)

At this point Lorenzo, I'm glad others are filling the "KNIT-PIC" factor, I love accuracy as much as anyone, I just didn't want to be the one to push you over the edge of sanity!:wacko

This will defininately be one "Extremely" nice piece, and dare I say, it will almost justify not even wearing a :jet pack!;)

:cheers

I am going to make a magentic bumper sticker for mine that says:

"Backplate by Cruzer - TDH"

just a little pub, ya know (y)

...almost justify not even wearing a :jet pack
I doubt that!;)

But actually, I'm past the point of no return...so we're either going extremely accurate or going home. I'll take all the suggestions I can get so we can make this the most accurate we can, and never have to worry about upgrading. I think we will be very very close after the few changes(y)

:lol: , CG

Thanks guys. I'm really glad you guys are satisfied with the final product(y)

GCN, I will only be making fiberglass pulls that will have a dark grey aluminum filled resin gelcoat layer.

I should begin pouring the first coat of silicone over it by today or tomorrow. I still need gauntlets for CIV, so I need to move on to concentrating on my gauntlet build. However, I'll try to begin making copies during down-time and make them available as people want them.

Thanks,
Cruzer

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back