My 20 lb. back armor!

CGClone, yeah I know what you mean.

Foxbatkllr, that's also a good idea.

The curvature on the side flaps will be placed based on the accurate sizing as well. So the side flaps will be a little longer for anyone that does not trim the back.

Here's a an overlay pic that Benkenove was kind enough to produce for me.(y)

Thanks guys for the productive input. It has really been essential in making this backplate very accurate. I like the fact this has been a group effort, so hopefully I can show my appreciation by offering these at a very low price.(y)

Today after work I'll shave down the insides of the collar area a tad to flatten out some of that height, taper the sides a tad where the side flap is, and adjust the bottom part of the lines for the inner circle so that is matches the blue lines on the overlay pic a little more, and bring up the jp strap areas a bit.

I'll post update pics later tonight.(y)

Thanks guys,
Cruzer

test03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cruzer, one other question I have for you, what's the distance currently between the bottom of portion of the neck curve and the line the black line you have drawn?

THX

:cheers

Sorry guys I didn't post much in specifics, I just wanted to post the pic real quick before getting off to work.:)

Here's some of the dimensions:

• neck hole: same diameter as BKBT collar (complete coincidence & not planned...seriously...so worked out perfect!)
  • shoulder width: 14.5"
  • from the top of the outside of the shoulder to the black cut line: 14.5"
  • taper from front to back 85 degrees
GBH, so I would approximate that the distance you asked for is about 14.5", but I can measure it later today.

hope that helps,(y)

Here's a side by side until we can get an overlay...oh, Benkenove;) !

Back%20curve_JPG.jpg

DSC06588.JPG

same diameter as BKBT collar (complete coincidence & not planned...seriously...so worked out perfect!)

AWESOME!!! I love how thing's like that just happen all accidental like!;)

Is there a chance you'll have any of these available in time for C4, maybe, possibly???:)

Good question GBH!
I still have to figure out what I'm going to do for gauntlets for CIV and if nothing comes up, I'll be resuming a gauntlet build I started about a month ago. Which means I won't make any molds until all my current projects are done. So if I do make any pulls, they won't be until probably the beginning of May. If so, I may take a few orders, but will just have to see what kind of time crunch I've got going on.

Fantastic Work! I'd be one of those people whose fine with waiting till after C4.

And what's this gauntlet build you're talking about?

Cruzer! How many sweet gauntlet builds have you done already? The problem is you keep selling them off!:lol: Stop doing that and just keep a set for yourself for once!:lol:

:cheers

Oops, I guess the cat's outa the bag!:)

I've been working on a Jango gauntlet build with another member here, so far it's mostly been figuring out dimensions from ref. CD pics and a few of the left gauntlet parts are constructed. I'm waiting for some parts to arrive that are very accurate and I'm trying to get my hands on some copies of actual screen used parts.

But that's another project I'll save it for another thread! ;)

Looks like I need to decrease the dimensions of the center plateau area a bit, move over and higher the jp strap overhangs, and I still don't like how that right side looks.

I also noticed how the back of the neck line is low compared to the ref. pic. The shoulder area will need to be trimmed back and the backplate is sitting a tad wrong for the pic, but I'll check that too.

Anything else, let me know.

Hey guys, here's the latest. After giving it a coat of professional auto primer (non-rattle can type), I see there are still a few more adjustments I'd like to make.(y)

later,
Cruzer

DSC06607.JPG

DSC06608.JPG

DSC06610.JPG

DSC06609.JPG

Thanks bro.

Speaking of sucking, I made the left side flap 1/4" shorter than the right side:confused, so I gotta fix that too now:lol:...must'a been all those bondo fumes (right asok?).:)

I'm also waiting for my MLC V2 classic to arrive. Once it does, I'll check the fitting between the two to make sure the jp rests good against the shape of the backplate, before I make the mold. Right now, I'm anticipating towards the end of the month to make just a very few copies available.(y)

Thanks for the comps,
-Cruzer

Cruzer as you notice I am watching intently, backplates to me are the one thing that seem to be overlooked so much.

I hope to make that list (y)

No problem CG, and actually, you bring up a good point. So let me do this...

...let's start and unofficial interest list in this post so I can get an idea of how many people out there would possibly be interested in one of these Jango backplates for an estimated $75 shipped in the U.S. Unless the shipping is ridiculously more than I anticipate, the price will not go higher than that, and may even go down $5-$10. Also specify if you have a "for CIV" need.

Here are the exact dimensions:
shoulder width-14.5"
back of neck to bottom-16.75"

Thanks,(y)
Cruzer

INTEREST LIST
  1. CGClone
    Foxbatkllr
    Galactic Bounty Hunter (CIV)
    FettFanatic
    Jango Newbie
    SWFreak
    AdmFrancis
    Loanstar
    Loanstar
    BKBT
    reveal1vader
    td0488
    Buckeye_01

If this is the only list/run you are going to do then put me on the list. But if I can wait till after CIV I would prefer to do that.

Definately put me down on the list for one. I think you have done some awesome work on this. I don't need it for C4, but I definately would like one if that is possible.

I'll make them available always. This is primarily an interest list so that I can see how many would like them "pre CIV", and also so that I can get an idea of how much material I'm looking at purchasing.:)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back