Chest display circuit board layout?

Sixxgunn13

Well-Known Hunter
Does anyone have a chest display circuit board pic? i 'm having a friend make mine but he would like to see what a completed one looks like. i got the schematic off Brak's tutorial site.

also does anyone know, if the R14-20=220 ohm are 1/4 watt?

thz

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to remember seeing the schematic somewhere online before... I may have even downloaded it. Let me poke around and get back to you.

Thx Chief,

if you can also find a pic of a completed one? so i can see how to layout the circuits..back and front(y)

Sixx

All resistors used in the circuit are 1/8 watt (1/4 would work fine, but will just be bigger than needed).

The back of the PCBs have no components, other than the connectors I use. All parts mount to the front of the boards. Sorry, never took pics of the boards (up close), just posted the schematics.

Good luck on the project though! I've known a few others that have built their own, with good results!

ATM
ShackMan

Doesn't shackman's circuit use a programmed eprom? It should be a very simple program to write. I would have to refresh my programming a bit though

It's a PIC microcontroller. Yes, fairly simple program, except that I had to learn to program in PIC assembly before writing it. ;) Seriously though, with programming experience and a programmer, it isn't that hard. LOT better than using discrete logic chips.

ATM
ShackMan

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back