My First Attempt at Fett Boots

azheat01

Active Hunter
This is my first attempt at making a pair of Boba Fett boots. I am trying to complete a Boba Fett for my media room and finally got most of what I needed to start. This is my first attempt and I am working with a real tight budget. I know these are nowhere even close to screen accurate, but they will have to do for now. The total cost for me to make these boots was $32.79. Input is always appreciated.

I bought the boots from Payless Shoes yesterday, they were on sale for $19.99.
s1.JPG
Shoe

I removed the outer portion of the soles to make them flush with the sides of the boot.

s3.JPG

I put a base coat of white laytex exterior paint on the soles.

s4.JPG
s5.JPG

I used a pencil sharpener and some wood rods for the toe spikes.

s6.JPG

I bought some black nylon Paracord for the trim, gray latex paint for the body, and a dryer hose clamp which I cut up and used for the toe spike bar.

s7.JPG
s8.JPG

I was not entirely happy with how the Paracord flowed but I wanted to follow the natural seem of the boot. Again, not at all screen accurate, but good enough for my low lit theater room and budget.

The only thing left to do is to weather them.

These will be displayed on my mannequin. My theater room is, of course, going to be Star Wars themed. Once it is finished, I will post some pictures.

Thanks.

wow...awesome job, when i saw the black boot pics i didnt think they were gonna turn out so well.............wicked

I just added some hot glue around where the toe spikes meet the toe spike bar. I then painted them silver. It gives a nice illusion, as if the toe spikes were welded to the bar.

As soon as I finish weathering the boots, I will post some more pictures.

Have you thought about...Maybe...Painting or dying the black areas more blue-ish? Not sure how you would do it, but I think that is the only thing that looks off at all.

Fettprop

Yeah, I plan on using a darker color gray or navy for all the areas that are black. I will sponge it in on, along with some other colors, to get it to look weathered.

Thanks for the input!

WHOA!:eek: Nice work there, dude! Can't wait to see those weathered up.

I just added some hot glue around where the toe spikes meet the toe spike bar.

Gotta be careful there ... the summer heat out here will easily melt that glue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to use some acrylic paint for weathering, does anyone have any suggestions as to colors/techniques they have tried in the past?

Thanks.

Here's an excellent thread by Spideyfett for weathering CaBoots. The techniques used won't work on the boots you've made, but the colors used are some excellent suggestions!

Ok, here is an update. I removed the heels so the boots looked more authentic. I also just finished the first coat of weathering. I used a medium gray acrylic wash over the light gray laytex base. I also used the medium gray directly over the exposed black leather portions of the boot to mute out some of the black.

So far I am pleased. I have added some pictues below. You can see the before and after comparisons.

I still have two more colors I am going to wash/sponge in.

What do you think? Not bad for under $40.00.

2a.JPG

3a.JPG

dude, theyre lookin better and better.....now the heels have gone theye sweet, good job man, amazin what youve done, wish i had the patience..............

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back