And the result...

KA1.jpg

KA4.jpg

The only good pic of Kast`s gun..
Kastgun-Orig.jpg

The base I used for it. It was a Star Warriors gun from KB toys:
Base1.jpg

Base5.jpg

In this really bad pic( pre digital camera) You can see I hacked the scope off, the front site, and the bottom of the trigger guard to match the original pic:
Base8.jpg

A much better pic of what it looked like after that hacking. Plus, I used bondo on the sides to smooth them out, and gutted the inside of it, to fit the "parts" in that you can see in the original comic pic:
gun20.jpg

This is what the inside of the gun looked like after I gutted the top part for the inside pieces:
gun21.jpg

After that was done, I used a piece of pvc to extend the barrel:
blaster22.jpg

Then here was the tricky part. Cutting more pvc to smooth the top "gun barrel" and to extend the muzzel to fit the end piece on:
gun22.jpg

Once that was done, I added the sides that I had cut from a rubbermaid garbage can.I used a rubbermaid garbage can because at the time, it was the only material I could find that was long enough to cover the side of the gun. I did`nt have any sintra that long. And before I attached them, I sanded the hell out of the two sides to rough them up so they would hold primer and paint. Creating the sides of the gun was the most challenging part. I had to measure the length of the gun, compare to the picture on where they ended from front to back, measure where the vent holes went, and then add the "lines" on the front of the gun. I have the original templates for the sides if anyone needed a copy of them, I spent too much time creating them to get rid of them:
gun23.jpg

Then next, I filled in the bottom of the gun with epoxy, and cut pieces to cover the bottom part of the gun:
gun40.jpg

gun41.jpg

Added the custom made clip:
gun42.jpg

Added the custom made front flash supressor made from PVC tubing and plastic O-rings, and now the beginning of the side scope is added:
gun43.jpg

Now, switching to the topside, I inserted my custom made gun piece made from 2 small pvc caps and a metal hole plug:
Gunpart1.jpg

gun44.jpg

A primer base of paint is added to the sides so the paint will stick:
gun45.jpg

On the right side that I mount the scope on, I reinforce the inside with a cut to fit metal plate to better support the weight of the custom made pvc scope:
gun46.jpg

I cut a piece of sintra to flatten out the top of the gun where I will insert another one of the "gun pieces" :
gun47.jpg

I mount my custom made scope to the side of the gun using hobby screws and small, square pvc tubing from the Hobby Store. As you can see, the scope is made from pvc and a hose connector:
scopem.jpg

The scope is finally mounted:
gun48.jpg

The second front barrell is added:
gun49.jpg

Its hard to see against the color whilte, but the second top "gun piece" is added on top of the gun:
gun50.jpg

Now, all I had to do is paint and insert the lenses for the scope:
gun51.jpg

Now...here comes the fun one, if you are doing a Jodo Kast, you must have his grenades for his sidearm holster:
Kastholster2.jpg

The way I went about making these three were pretty simple. First, go to WalMart to the vitamin isle and pick up three of these:
Shell1.jpg

shell2.jpg

On my first try, I cut he necks off of them, then I discovered the tops fit better with them on. So DON`T cut the necks off of the bottles, the domed tops will stay on better with them left on:
shell3.jpg

So, you go to the Easter aisle, find the corresponding size plastic Easter Egg, and now you have your domed tops for your grenades:
shell4.jpg

Epoxy the sucker on:
shell5.jpg

Now for the bottom of the grenades. Go to Home Depot and buy three of these little things. You can find them in the pvc aisle:
Shell6.jpg

In the next aisle or so over, you can get these small metal hole plugs that fit nicely into those pvc pieces:
Shell7.jpg

Shell8.jpg

So your end result will look like this:
Shell9.jpg

No I tried a bunch of different ways to attach the bottom piece to the main body of the grenade. I finally went with a small nail attached to the bottom of the hole plug, then punched it throught the bottom of the main body of the bottle,followed up by a lot of 2 part epoxy, and they hold just fine.
After some paint and some red tail lens tape from PepBoys, I ended up with this:
Shell10.jpg

Now the holster that the grenades fit into:
Kastholster6.jpg

The below gun was my first sidearm, which was a resin copy of the Bespin security blaster, almost accurate but not quite. The butt of the gun had to be more square...So now to my current sidearm with the correct square handle butt. Its a Fett sidearm that was offered here on TDH awhile ago.
gn1.jpg

gn2.jpg

I`m currently working on more pics, but please feel free to PM me for any other pieces to the costume. I have the stun colar and the two greanades Jodo carries as well, just no recent pics as of yet.
And if you`re at DCon and see somebody wearing this swag:
Shirt4.jpg

Stop him and say hi..it`ll be me. I`m always up for talking about a Jodo project for another fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your suit rocks. I just like harassing you my brother! How's your Night Viper coming along speaking of long term costume making? :p

Thanks a LOT! Sorry it took me so long to respond my internet was down, but THANKS the blaster picture and everything REALLY helped, cant wait to show off my own as soon as I am complete! Thanks again for your help and I hope my jodo will be at least half as good as yours!

-Shawn

Here's my contribution -

Decipher -

f0888bf8.jpg

1ca67c14.jpg

74674f1d.jpg

738fb87c.jpg

Ignore that holster in the last two pics. :rolleyes

TEOD WIP from like...forever ago. -

dc677d16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup,

I totally forgot about this thread.

Comcast in their infinite wisdom has decided to update their database and for some reason, has skewd all the links to my pics in their database, thus making them inacessable. So now I am working on migrating all of my pics over to photobucket.

Please stay tuned Jodo fans...more is on the way.

JK3

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back