wanted to ask the experts

morpheus1977

Active Hunter
well I started my first kit. Just some knee armor nothing to terribly complicated and I have one almost done its all glued together all I have to do is sand it and add the spikes since Its for my custom, but I wanted to get your guys opinion is there anything I can do to approve upon what I have done before I get started on the other knee?? so here are a couple of pics...Also one other quick question what the best way to add the back straps I am affriad they will just pop off if I use glue/apoxy.
kneeright.gif

kneefrontdown.gif

kneeleft.gif

This problem is the exact reason why I love TK1223's single piece knee armor!

For your problem, as long as you lightly sanded the area where you bonded the pieces together, and you don't use a REALLY tight strap, you should be alright.

I epoxied the strap on then hot glued the inner and underside of it. I wore them around the house for 2 hours straight, did some squatting and such with no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
get a small square of plastic. If you have any extra scraps just use that.

Get a box of snaps from walmart that are like this:

Marine%20Grade%20Snaps.jpg

in that little square of plastic, drill a hole so you can fit one of the eyelets through, then hammer one of the snap studs on that...and then use Plastiweld from walmart. Its in a blister pack in a tube that looks just like this:

devs-220.jpg

mix a little bit of that and put it on the back of that plastic square, and then put that square on the inside of your knees.

Then take some elastic and put the socket on the elastic, and now you have a snapable strap for your knees.

get a small square of plastic. If you have any extra scraps just use that.

Get a box of snaps from walmart that are like this:

Marine%20Grade%20Snaps.jpg

in that little square of plastic, drill a hole so you can fit one of the eyelets through, then hammer one of the snap studs on that...and then use Plastiweld from walmart. Its in a blister pack in a tube that looks just like this:

devs-220.jpg

mix a little bit of that and put it on the back of that plastic square, and then put that square on the inside of your knees.

Then take some elastic and put the socket on the elastic, and now you have a snapable strap for your knees.
now that is a good friggen idea

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back