The evolution of reinone's boots

Hello All,
I am just starting to put together a Jango (My First) and would definitely be in for a pair of these.

US size 13

Thank You,
Tom

Does anyone have a connection with Reinone to ask about his desire to do this? I just was hopeing that this project would take off as I am in need of these to complete my Jango. I expressed my interest earlier, and I hope this works out.

I hate to say it, but wise up guys. this thread has been dead for months. Reinone only popped in to throw his weight around when he found out I was gonna use my pair of his boots to try and get a run done, so he jumped my butt, I apologized, and he said he was gonna take over. I was okay with that as it beat me reinventing the wheel..

Here we are months later and he's dissapeared AGAIN.. I say put up or shut up, he ain't helpin TDH, he did at one time, but there's a need now and either step up, recognize that folks are ready to order, or at least have the decency to sit on the sidelines while we do what we need to to get another run going.

I hate silly politics, and I guess it's all about the great reinone having the title of being the only guy to get replicas of these boots made but I'm gonna call that how I see it, as pure BS.

The whole point of TDH is folks getting together to help eachother out and I see his actions as the opposite and frankly a hindrance to TDH's mission. What are folks supposed to do? Wait around on empty promises because he won't give anyone permission (as if we needed it) to do a run of these boots? The permission thing is a courtesy, nothing more and failing to deliver is a discourtesy. What goes around comes around..

I've kept my fingers off the keyboard for months but frankly it needed to be said and if he doesnt like that, then tuff nuts cuz I couldnt give a ****. :cheers If it boils down to it, me or another member with these boots can start looking into getting them made again.

I was thinking about this the last 2 weeks
because Reinone has not give us a sign of life or an update.

I know that things not getting round every time and problems crossing
your way where you not want them to cross.
I know what I´m talking about ,after I started the first run of the leather vests.

Reinone you have our full backing because the boots where your project and you invested a lot of time and money in it.

if you say, YES I´m in, we will place our order faster than you can imagine.
But if you not able to do it plz let us know.

So Abntroop or someone else can start their own boot project.
with their own patterns and not by cloning/recasting your work. (Not that anyone get me wrong here ;))

Mike

hey guys,
I am sorry its taken so long. I have been really busy with work and didn't get a chance to work on getting the boots done. It got to the point I wasn't spending enough time with my family. This summer I dedicated all of my time to my family. I have been spending more time with the kids and the wife. I even got a chance to take them to c4. I was my fist time to one of those and my wife doesn't even like star wars and she had a good time. The kids had a blast.

My love for this hobby has been on the back burner for the past 2 years but lately I have been working with somebody on making some display pieces and I am starting to find the time to start working on props.

I have however started the ball rolling on the jango boots last week and they will be working on the new proto in the comming weeks. There is still alot of planning with the bootmaker to do and I will not have a finall price just yet. The first run the boots were $230 and I hope that they will not be more expensive.
I will be also be making the barc style for those interested. They will most likely be the same price as the jango's.

This new run is for sure but I will not post a commitment thread untill 2 weeks from now. If you thought you didn't get in the list don't worry, the real list will be up soon and you will get a chance to get on.

abntroop- whatever

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome!! Great to see you on here...I might even go in for two pairs. Can anyone tell me what the barc style is? PM me if you could.

Thanks again Reinone

TK-1191

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back