jango fett footwear

abntroop

Hunter
hey guys seems like footwear is one of the biggest hurdles for jangos all around the world. I have a pair of reinones and am currently poking my nose around town to see what it would cost to have replicas made. The barc trooper project thats going on over on the 501st pathfinders site is hurting for custom boots with the same kenneth cole pit crew sole, so I figure if I can wrangle the logistics up and do a run of 20-50-100 pairs of each it'll justify the effort and cash involved. anywhoo, i just wanna gauge interest on how many folks would be interested. just pipe up on this thread. i figure the boots will probably run in the range of 250-350 a pair so think hard on that before piping up.

hey guys seems like footwear is one of the biggest hurdles for jangos all around the world. I have a pair of reinones and am currently poking my nose around town to see what it would cost to have replicas made. The barc trooper project thats going on over on the 501st pathfinders site is hurting for custom boots with the same kenneth cole pit crew sole, so I figure if I can wrangle the logistics up and do a run of 20-50-100 pairs of each it'll justify the effort and cash involved. anywhoo, i just wanna gauge interest on how many folks would be interested. just pipe up on this thread. i figure the boots will probably run in the range of 250-350 a pair so think hard on that before piping up.

Is it possible to replicate the boot in size 16-17?

I would say a boot in that size is unlikely based on Reinone's difficulties in replicating the boots in more than a couple of sizes. The problem is making a copy of the sole that large.

I would say a boot in that size is unlikely based on Reinone's difficulties in replicating the boots in more than a couple of sizes. The problem is making a copy of the sole that large.

*sigh*

"Excuse me while I go and wrap sheets of leather around my feet"

-tubachris
(who waits for the day they make these dang things in my size)

Maybe this run would be different though. I just remember Reinone having difficulty because not having the master sole molds made it difficult to change the sole to fit different sized shoes.

sorry guys, I had planned on 9's and 10's and maybe 9.5's and 10.5's as those are pretty common, Tubachris, you just need to stop being a wiener and show your true dedication to becoming Jango by cutting the first 7/10's of your feet off :lol: :lol: :lol:

on a side note, was chattin over on the pathfinders and looks like the galactic marines use the same sole as well, so if the boots get replicated they'd be jango colors and the alternate would be a white boot w. tan sole. that way it can be used for both Barc troopers as well as galactic marines. anywhoo this is all talk coming outta my @ss for now. I got an appt. with the bootmaker next week and will run through details then.

Any chance that it can be made in size 13?

That way size 11 1/2, 12 and 13 people can wear it. (They can even stuff tissue in it if they are a size 11 1/12.)

Lots of size 11-13 people will thank you for it! :)

I have a pair of bed stu 12s with the correct sole. They are brand new only worn around the house a few times to try and stretch them out. I would be willing to lend them out if we could get larger sizes made. Personally I would like a size 14. Maybe we could set them up as runs like

9, 9 1/2, 10

10 1/2, 11, 12

13, 14, 15

Once you have skis for feet the 1/2 sizes are irrellevant.

I need a pair of 11.5's or 12's! Im in the middle of making my jango, And yes the boots are an issue! I was praying Id find a pair of kenneth cole shoes on ebay or something! But if this works then,... awesome!

well, that would make it alot easier and cheaper if they have mine to cast the soles off of as well as yours, then we offer the two sizes and folks can choose which is closest to them. saves alot of effort and cash on the manufacturing end. I have appointments with three local boot fabricators over the next week and a half so hopefully I can wrangle something. if it is a go, are you up for shipping your pair to me so they can cast that larger size?

I'm not saying will limit the run to 10's and 12's but it'll really dpesnd on pricing and how many pairs we have to order to knock the price down a bit. either way, theres alot of interest, so once I have more info we'll start figuring out details.(y)

This always seems like the hardest part to find of the whole suit. Making these available to those in the 12+larger sizes would make many people here happy.(y)

Dude get me an address and they are off!!!

But since these things are so impossible to find I need you to sign a contract saying if they are damaged or destroyed I get your first born child.........

So basically, you are saying that you are going to take my replica and take it to bootmaker and have him take paterns off of it? :confused

I haven't been ready to do another run of them because I hardly get anybody asking my for them. but...

Paul

Reinone,

I have a pair of your boots and I think they're awesome!(y) Second to none, well other than the real McCoys ofcourse! I'd also venture to say that if you started a thread for a second run, you might be surprised as to how many people would be interested! Also, if your were to do a second run, you could even tweak the few small inaccuracy's in the first run, if this indeed would ever come to fruition, put me down for a pair!(y)

THX in Advance!

:cheers

heck yeah, Jango shoes are hard to come by. I have to squeeze my 12 wides into one of your size 11's I was lucky to hear about. Took over a year to find those. I'd like a pair of 12's.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back