Need Help - What type of helmet do I need?

azheat01

Active Hunter
I have been researching this and have received a little input from some of you. But my question is:

What is the best helmet for me? I am 6-00 with a large head (around 7 1/4 ish, maybe more). I have seen pictures of some rather large people where the helmet seems disproportionate (small) comapred to the costume, it looked out of place. I want to avoid that. I also don't want to look like William Tell's illegitimate son with a helmet the size of a small vehicle.

Is a Don Post too small for me? I have a large frame, broad shoulders, and I'm about 225 lbs. (I'm also a virgo, like walks on the beach, and sunflowers...............kidding!). No really, what would be the best helmet for me without having to mortgage my house to pay for it.

Thanks.

Don Post = too small!!!

Contact a member here who goes by the name Sgt. Fang. He makes a really nice resin helmet kit that's a great value.

Oh, and welcome to another Arizonian! :)

I'm 6'4" and have an MS3 and a Sgt. Fang that both work very well with my height! Both very similar in size, But like Superjedi said, the Sgt. Fang comes at a great price.

I'm about the same build as you: 6' 2"; 215 lbs; 7¾ size head; broad shoulders. I use a BM helmet, and it looks just fine on me. I personally think there is one thing that has priority over "does it look to small?" And that is: "does it FIT!" I gave my BM helmet to my friend for him to try on ... no good: didn't fit him. But I think the BM will fit ya and look OK if ya wanted to get a BM.

Last edited by a moderator:
[/ATTACH]painted is a ms3 unpainted sgt fang both are 9 inches inside side to side and 10 inches front to back and both are about 10 inches high

boba comp 1.jpg

Attachments

• boba comp 2.jpg
    boba comp 2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 408
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back