Any plans for a TDH dinner at C4? No? Lets make some!

Ok I called and spoke with someone at Casey's on Saturday and she gave me an idea of prices and what not but nothing solid, she said I needed to call back on Monday and speak with someone else for the rest of the info I needed.

We have lots of options for menus and what not. We can do a set menu with an appitizer or two and a few (3ish) main course options and a dessert or two. We can do one with out desserts, with out apps, or what ever. We can make things hard for them and order off the regular menu and have seperate checks. We can set things up where you pay a flat fee and have open bar with stuff like beer and wine, or do a cash bar. I assume since we have many members who don't drink (not old enough or just by choice) I think it would be best not to charge them not to drink so cash bar would be better.

Apps run $5-8
Main corses run $8-15
Dessert are $5-8

She gave me a break down of their avarage drink prices but I don't remember what it is. and I forgot to bring the info with me to work tonight. I will update with more info when I get it tomorrow. That is all for now folks.

Oh and I put the updated list on the top.

Just as a safety precaution...(And not to put down downtown LA or scare the daylights out of anyone.)

If you are going to have a dinner together, I strongly suggest to travel in groups if you are walking to the restaurant at night. Try not to travel alone late at night if you can help it.

I used to work downtown LA late at night and it can get pretty hairy sometimes.

The LA convention Center is HUGE and quite nice. But sadly, it's not located in the greatest area. If you walk a few blocks in the wrong direction, it's gang territory. (We call 'em "Gangbangers" or "gangstas".)

The Staples Center is located right next to the convention center, (The home arena of the basketball team, the LA Lakers) so don't be surprised if you encounter sports fans from the arena during C-4. The LA Convention Center is one of the few convention centers in the U.S. that do not have a hotel next to it or any nearby hotels. The nearest hotel is a few long blocks away. So the restaurants are a bit of a walk.

If you can help it, try not to walk around the area during the wee hours of the morning like 3 a.m. or so. (There was an incident not too far away of a college student who returned from a party, tried to walk back to his dorm around at 3 a.m. and got shot & killed by a driveby gangbanger.) If anything, try to leave the downtown area by 12 a.m. or earlier if you can help it.

Most of the people in LA are quite friendly and very helpful. It's the gangbangers that make them and the city look bad. If you get rid of the gangbangers in the city, you'll probadly cut the crime rate by 80%.

You can easily spot gangbangers by the way they are dressed and the way they swagger. (Bandannas on their head, baseball cap worn sideways, very baggy pants that sags and shows their boxer underwear, long T-shirt that ends up on their knees, tattoos on their necks/forearms, tacky gold jewelry on their neck and earrings.)

It may sound like a stereotype from a movie, but it isn't. I've worked in high schools with gangbangers and probation officers in the past so it taught me how to spot them.

If you see people dressed like that (Especially in groups) close to the area during C-4 at night..DO NOT APPROACH THEM and walk away in a DIFFERENT direction.

(And no, they don't know what Star Wars is nor do they care. Their choice of movie is the gangsta "Two Cent" movie. A lot of them think Star Wars is a wimpy movie.)

During daytime, it should be O.K. Many of those gangbangers are asleep after peddling their drugs. (I think they are nocturnal.:lol: )

If it's very late at night, try not to wear a costume if you can help it. The costume screams "tourist" to the gangbangers.

Also there are agressive panhandlers (bums) who roam the area. Don't give them any money if they ask you. If you give them any money, word will get out among them that you are sucker or a tourist.

If it's any consolation to LA, at C-3 Indianapolis, I also saw gangbangers at the nearby shopping mall. One was pointing and laughing at all the Star Wars costumers. ( Although he was dressed worse than any of the costumers with his sagging baggy pants, bandanna on his head, baseball cap worn sideways, T-shirt up to his knees, and tacky gold jewelry. ) They didn't do anything though.

Once again, I'm not trying to scare anyone off, but I just want everyone to stay safe. Just take some precautions and you should be allright. (There's safety in numbers.) Bring your cel phones also in case you need to call 911. If anything, downtown LA is not filled with gangstas shooting left and right at everybody like it's exagerrated in the movies. It can be quite safe. But it would be prudent to just take some safety precautions.

I'm also sure that LAPD will also increase patrols during this event for your safety.

Just a quick note...Disneyland is about 40 minutes to 1 hour away by car. (Depending on traffic.) But it's a lot, lot safer even at night and there's better food choices.

I guess if I go I should be packin.

Sorry guys the date and time stamp is when I updated the list last, not the date and time of the dinner.

The dinner will be Friday May25th at 8pm.

I think I may be able to come up for this one, put me as a maybe

Tim you're going, quit your job if you have to. :lol:

We should definitely get some name badge stickers so everyone can show their board name and real name. Well, also so we can all write "the Dent" and "the Sniffer" on all of them. :lol:

(y)

(Hello Brak's, hello Mirax, hello Zammers, where are you?)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back