My new helmet WIP

Farva

Active Hunter
Well I recieved this helmet the friday before Halloween and here it is today waiting on rub n buff. This has got to be one of the most painstaking things I have done to date! All the sanding to get it smooth probably close to 15 hours of hand sanding!

So lets play a little game.........What helmet is it? Jimmy Buffett is not allowed to guess LOL (he knows he was there when I picked it up!)

-Chris
helmet.gif

I know what bucket that is! It's a ...

Jimmy Buffett is not allowed to guess

DARN! I'm not allowed to spill the beans!:lol:lol::lol: Good job on that so far. Well, you learned from me RnBing my armor what a process that RnBing is. How many attempts did we make with my armor? 6?

Have ya tried primer and wetsanding yet?

OK heres a hint, a BIG one no its not a JDJD is quite possibly the smallest FETT helmet out there..........I have a HUGE noggin

Actually that si 3 hints LOL

Let me just say that it has had alot of work done to it!

Scott it is pretty smooth all the way around but I want the shiny r n b not the dark mirror like we were talking about.

-Chris

Bah! Looked like it. Could it be a moded boba helm? That one pic is too hard to see everything to ID it. Its not a rubies, that has too much a better shape and the arrows arent close together like the rubies on this one, so not a rubies, although that would be the smallest helmet. It looks almost like what Mirax's Jango helmet is, in fact, I think they are both from the same maker.

-tubachris

My first guess when I saw it was MLC

Yes sir you are correct not only a MLC but the big mac daddy MLC1!!!!! Can I now say that I have the biggest Jango helmet out there? LOL

I got the RnB on it tonight but got smudges all over the blue! So I will be cleaning her up this weekend and will be getting the pinstripes on it as well. I am thinking about the thicker striping to keep it more to scale.....

I am also working with t-visor.com to get custom visors for the MLC 1!!!

jango2.gif

I have to edo the ears because they got some overspray on them. I am also trying to decide if I want to modify the right ear with a sintra shim. If not there will be a hole when the RF ear is in the "down" position. I was ging to weather it all up tonight but decided to wait until I have the ears installed.

Yep I compared it to "the helmet formerly known as Seekers" BKBT and it is about 3/4 of an inch taller and about 1/2 inch wider. I would say about 10% bigger than the BKBT. I am 6'3" and 255 pounds and I am trying to scale everything to my build. The helmet may be a touch big but everyone complained that my Rubies 2 piece was too small and its bottom circumference was exactly the same shape as BKBTs!!!!! The BKBT is about 1/2 taller than my old 2 piece but only in the dome.

Hi I am new to all of this and I am starting my Jango, I just received my helmet from Rubies, I got their collectable version, it fits well but the paint does not seem to be quite perfect in that the paint overlaps in areas and is not quite straight. It is made out of a vinyl type material, is it possible to sand this material and paint? I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks,
Nathan

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back