OPINIONS NEEDED *ROTJ OR ESB HELMET*

I have always like the ESB. To me it has more detail to it than ROTJ. Or solve the problem and have both helmets. Then switch when ever you want. (y) :)

If you're short for time and want to be accurate then ROTJ is obviously the way to go as that's the version you're going for anyway. Leave the ESB for when you have more time to concentrate on the better Boba!!

If you're short for time and want to be accurate then ROTJ is obviously the way to go as that's the version you're going for anyway. Leave the ESB for when you have more time to concentrate on the better Boba!!

So are you saying the ESB Boba looks better than ROTJ? They both look pretty involved. Is one costume a little faster or easier to make? :confused

I’m on a very similar schedule… if I were you, I’d do ROTJ and in the future, as time allows, work on doing an ESB helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want the easy quicker way out ----ROTJ
If you want the more rewarding way and IMO more attractive helmet--ESB

I know you will make the right choice :p

Just do the SE Fett for awhile later you can do a ROTJ. God knows you have enough buckets to do every version :rolleyes

Judging by time issues..ROTJ is less painting.

Well, they both in essence have same main colors...diff ear cap colors though. But, ROTJ, as far as painting the battle damage, it's 99% silver battle damage.

But, I'm more toward ESB.

I did my SGT Fang helm main painting in a matter of a few hours from scratch. Give or take another couple hours of hand painting any other details. And that was doing the ESB sytle, I do have another thread of what the helm looks like, have to take the finished pics as soon as I get the decals on it.

ACTUALLY...depending on how far along on the entire costume you are, an ESB costume would be the quicker way to go. While the helmet may be more involved the rest of the costume is less involved as far as painting, scrapes, and scratches. But if you are down to only the helmet, ROTJ will be a quicker way to go.

ACTUALLY...depending on how far along on the entire costume you are, an ESB costume would be the quicker way to go. While the helmet may be more involved the rest of the costume is less involved as far as painting, scrapes, and scratches. But if you are down to only the helmet, ROTJ will be a quicker way to go.

Exactly. ESB helmet has more detailing. ROTJ armor + Jet Pack has more detailing.

Exactly. ESB helmet has more detailing. ROTJ armor + Jet Pack has more detailing.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=17663
Um...
here's my Progress
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=17663

God knows you have enough buckets to do every version :rolleyes

Ouch, that hurt :lol:

i would say paint it ROTJ if you have time constraints and are going to do an ESB later anyway.

that was hard for me to say as an esb

Looks like you already made up your mind, but as Mr. Fett said. I'ld go with ROTJ. "There are soooooooo many ESB's out there, Just as there are ROTJ's Vader's", but ROTS is catching up Fast!!!!" That's why I've decided to go with ANH Vader and ROTJ Fett. Of course you could switch up the Buckets and know one would now the differance "Hey Mommy It's a Power Ranger :lol:" Like that Babba Fett there Pal. C

Thanx alot for the input guys.
Here's tonites progress
can you tell which path I chose?

fett armour 078.jpg

fett armour 079.jpg

fett armour 080.jpg

fett armour 081.jpg

Dont be afraid to go darker on some of the colors. Keep in mind that the color you see in the MOM pics are with flash so to the normal eye the colors appear darker then in the pics.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back