Sidearm Holster question.

TK 4130

Active Hunter
Hello everyone, I'm doing an ESB version and I've got everything painted all ready to assemble, and I have a question. Where does the sidearm holster attach? I'm a little confused...:confused Thanks for the help...

It actually attaches @ the top with a strap that has 2 grommets. Take a look at the following pic of my Nemrod holster:

d4_1_b.jpg

I have another doubt about this holster...

Was the Nemrod logo removed in the movie ?? and ... did they paint the holster in brown, like the gun or similar .. or they left the original black color ?

I have a real Nemrod, and dont know if I shuold remove the logo and paint it brown or not :$

I have another doubt about this holster...

Was the Nemrod logo removed in the movie ?? and ... did they paint the holster in brown, like the gun or similar .. or they left the original black color ?

I have a real Nemrod, and dont know if I shuold remove the logo and paint it brown or not :$

This was the shot I used for my Nemrod holster that helped me decide to keep the logo on the holster and I repainted it flat black:

Boba_Fett_1155_sidearm.sized.jpg

You can see the outline of the triangle shape, but you can't the the archer in the logo. Not sure if it was removed or not because of the image quality. I'm sure Braks or one of the other vet's on here may have a better shot.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help so far. Which belt does the holster attach to?

Based on the limited screen shots of the holster, I attached mine to the ammo belt. It slides perfectly over it, and seems to hang to the side of the leg correctly. One problem I had with the belt when I did this was the weight caused the belt to sag down. I fixed this by simply cutting a piece of abs and velcroing it to the inside of the belt where the holster hangs from.
Someone had posted a great screen shot awhile back that showed ESB Boba full body from the back. I believe it was a Kenner image they used to make the action figure. I can't find it now, or I would post it, so if anyone has this image could you post here? It really is a great pic to refer to.

Seeing how tight that thong looks on Jeremy reminds me why I'll never get one...

Tsss. Swallow your pride and become a true mandalorian :p Maybe not the prettiest thing around, but it fills the purpose of keeping your jumpsuit from sagging.
And I guess you could make it a colour quite close to that of the jumpsuit, if you want to.

The other possible way it was attached is to the separate belt that the front waist pockets are attached to. This belt is hidden under the ammo belt.

So the holster straps dissapear under the ammo belt but the holster hangs at the same position.

sidearm.jpg

Based on the limited screen shots of the holster, I attached mine to the ammo belt. It slides perfectly over it, and seems to hang to the side of the leg correctly. One problem I had with the belt when I did this was the weight caused the belt to sag down. I fixed this by simply cutting a piece of abs and velcroing it to the inside of the belt where the holster hangs from.
Someone had posted a great screen shot awhile back that showed ESB Boba full body from the back. I believe it was a Kenner image they used to make the action figure. I can't find it now, or I would post it, so if anyone has this image could you post here? It really is a great pic to refer to.

I really think that the holster is hold from the girth belt... as simple as that... but well, who knows... At least, that is what I can see in that back picture of Boba... (I will do that).

I really think that the holster is hold from the girth belt... as simple as that... but well, who knows... At least, that is what I can see in that back picture of Boba... (I will do that).

Unfortunately, the area around the sidearm in the screen image is dark, but as for which belt to attach it to, keep in mind that there is a 3.5" strap attached to the top of the holster for mounting. I'm not saying for sure which is correct, girth or ammo belt attachment, but I gaged mine by lining up the tip of the side arm where it ends near the knee armor. When attached to the girth, it rests way below the knee armor. When attached to the ammo belt, it lines up a lot more accurately. Another issue with attaching it to the girth is there is no support from the girth. It sags waaay down because of the weight of the sidearm and holster. This also causes the side arm to bang into the knee when walking.

yes i agree. i have a FG and a real nemrod holster :) and the length and the weight would make it to low on the girth. also from the pics i looking at the loop on the real holster it's attached to the ammo belt. im almost sure of it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back