Custome mando Idea

I take everything onboard as it all helps with the design process, not to happy bout the paris hilton bit tho....it aint that bad is it (i mean I doubt you would see this mando with a little dog under her arm...:lol: )

I just think that a mando female would fight just as well as a bloke, but im sure they would still want some personal touches to the armour... its not like im thinknig of blinging it up loads with gold chains or big gems, the gold isnt there as a status thing..or as bling...just a colour scheme that I thought looked different...and many mandos have capes around thier waists...just bacl and gold didnt look right so its been made purple...im not saying that I dont take critisism well....im just trying to defend my ideas/unicorn princess' inputs...

Zoe
pics are of some pics of pistold I found which I though looked intesting...tell me what you think!!

Callista - don't get me wrong - I'm not suggesting in any way you be disuaded from your creativity.

I'm just looking at the pictures thinking that its too... I don't know how to put it - UNDER-armored. The plunging neck line is a VERY feminine thing in many / most cultures to highlight the neck line and - well - cleavage... but therein - as a warrior species - you'd tend to think they'd protect that just as much if not moreso. Perhaps a "formed" neck piece area - in line with like a corset design with attached armor. I'm thinking of something very "Ameilia" from Underworld with the neck piece. I know it was jewelry - but think of how kick butt that'd look integrated into armoring.

***Nevermind - apparently the Euro-sites don't like linking. Just Google Image Search "Amelia Underworld" and you'll see what I'm talking about***

Again... just free-styling. DEFINATELY not trying to disuade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not put a rectangularish patch of armor between the sholders and the plunging neck line? That way you still have the armored look up top?

I have a question where did u get those guns there really cool? and on that topic ya ur idea looks very original great job.

You can get those on eBay for cheap. Just look up "P99 airsoft" or "pistol airsoft" Those are probably just spring loaded, but they have some cheap electic version.

i see what grendel is saying, armor is well armor and made to protect the wearer, although you can still have a feminine suit of armor with out having a plunging neckline n such. I also find the highheel boots a bit odd but a custom is a custom.i just find to drawing a little under-armoured,

ps. i think the second armor color scheme is cool but a dark purple for the flak skirt would look more uniform

pps. cool guns

i didnt have neck armour cos it annoys me so much with my fett, I find it very uncomfortable so just left it out. I wouldnt have high heels, thats just how the figures were, and so looked better if I just put heels on. Im pretty tall so I would prob fall over if I had some!!

This is where I found the guns www.doropaintball.com/AB1038101Equick/shopexd.asp?id=9451

I just thought they looked cool, I cant remeber seeing them in bond..I will have to watch again...hope its goldeneye..Ive got thet one.

I havent even started this project appart from on paper....ive started antoher project in the meanwhile which will hopefully require less armour....

Thanks for your comments though!!

Zoe

I've been skimming this thread and don't think that I caught what kind of undersuit that you'll be wearing. My wife is working on Fem Tie Pilot and is uig a sit that was made to her specs from China. If you search Ebay for "zentai", you'll find people who make non-shiny lycra catsuits.

This is where I found the guns www.doropaintball.com/AB1038101Equick/shopexd.asp?id=9451

I just thought they looked cool, I cant remeber seeing them in bond..I will have to watch again...hope its goldeneye..Ive got thet one.

Zoe

I'm not as up on my Bond trivia as other genres of movies - but - I believe "Tomorrow Never Dies" is the first time Bond uses the Walther P99 - not Goldeneye - mainly because the P99 didn't exist when Goldeneye came out. It was in still in development during Goldeneye's production.

Can't wait to see how this turns out, I look forward to seeing some pic of your armour, when you start to work on it. I do like your black and gold & blue colour scheme.....

Ive now started collecting stuff for a Boushh costume...so now this is on major hold. When I get a proper job which pays money I will be able to afford all the bits which will go with this...but at the mo....this are looking bleak in my neck of the woods...

Nice work on the design there, i can't help but notice that it is very similar to my WIP thread of mine thats been going for months with a near identical colour scheme in it. I did put a fair amount of effort into something that i thought had not been done/done well before, and i guess i'm just kind of annoyed to see it before mine is even finished.

Aussie Bly going Mando'a

-Edit Updated Bad URL

Nice work on the design there, i can't help but notice that it is very similar to my WIP thread of mine thats been going for months with a near identical colour scheme in it. I did put a fair amount of effort into something that i thought had not been done/done well before, and i guess i'm just kind of annoyed to see it before mine is even finished.

Aussie Bly going Mando'a

Yeah, I noticed that also. Does seem kinda strange that the colour scheme/design is quite as similar as it is.

Just to compare:
Picture799.gif

This is Vaders pets design, scroll up for callistas.

Judge for yourselves people.

-Edit Updated bad URL

Aussie Bly going Mando'a

I don't see how it should annoy you that someone is using colors similar to yours. The armor is clearly a completely different style then what your doing honestly, and it's not like it's uncommon for someone to use the same colors as someone else. I see quite a few people in black armor, and you don't see them getting annoyed because someone else has black armor.

Your armor is awesome, you've put a ton of work into it and is really shows...you should be proud. However, if she wants to use black and gold as her colors then there's no law against it, and I don't see a problem with it as I highly doubt she's using those colors because she saw you were using it. She's started out with alot of schemes, and asked members here what they thought and then refined it down based on the responses she received. Thats just a waste of emotional time to get annoyed over someone else's custom project. Now if she was doing the exact same thing, or it was pretty blatant that she stole your idea...yeah I'd probably be a little tweaked then.

-Edit Updated bad URL

I have found that there is only so many Paint ideas that everyone can come up with, and from time to time you do get a few that look kinda alike. But thats one of the design problems faced by all Mando outfits. You don't see any of the stromtroopers worrying about that face that most of them look alike..... But all the same no matter what your outfit looks like most of all its yours...... and more than that we are all MANDOS.....

Anyway Callista keep up the good work....

Originally Posted by Vaders_Pet View Post

Aussie Bly going Mando'a

What's to get stressed over? So it looks like similar colours, so what? She's not exactly going to look like you. You also don't have a manopoly on black and gold or a copywrite on the design. Every so often someone somewhere in the Custom Mando world is gonna come up with a similar colour combination and/or design to someone else, it happens and it's nothing to get upset about.
Black is a popular choice, given the genre and Mandalorian fluff; but you don't see those of us with black armour getting upset every time someone comess along doing something similar.

-Edit Updated Bad URL

Not to escalate this thread, but i do believe the similarities stem from the border of colour around the plates. which i can see a great resemblence.

Just saying my oppinion. Please don't deactivate me

Im not trying to take peoples Ideas, this is still on paper and I have no plan in the future at the mo that it is going to be anything more than that....
I did lots of colours and people thought that the gold nad black was the nicest. I promice that i didnt nick your idea, I was just trying out some ideas. I had been plaing sw battlefront 2 alot and tried out some lines and those kinds of designs at the black and gold what the one that came out best.
If I did make this it wouldnt be for some itme...and I am in England...a long way away. If you are really upset then I will change it.. but i promice I didnt take your colour scheme...i just coluor and thats what came out.

Aussie Bly going Mando'a

-Edit Updated Bad URL

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back