Got my Sgt Fang now i have Q's?

Sixxgunn13

Well-Known Hunter
Yahoo...No longer a lurker, got my Helmet.

I wont post pics of my NIB resin beauty...i think we all know what it looks like already.. now on to some questions.

I plan on doing ESB and i see this often

"I squared the corners of the cheeks"

i'm lost.. what does this mean and is there a difference between ESB and ROTJ for this area.

also what is the best way to attach the resin "ear" parts to the bucket. I may get RS ears but i'll ask the "boss" (wifey)

does anyone have a detailed pic of a system to attach the visor to the inside?

and for the RF piece,what magnets do i buy and where?

Hell i thought i knew a lot about Boba...now i hit a mental brickwall..lol

pls help
thx guys

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the tops of the cheeks where the go up and then forward, it's round, this should be square, it's the same on bot ESB and ROTJ just an inacuraccy on the helmet

thx zombie...
do you mean here?

fetcheeklv8.jpg
sorry i used someones pic..LMK if u want me to remove it..

This thread has one of the best ways to install your visor IMO: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=13855

Also you can use a similar method to do your ears just drill holes in the sides of the bucket and recess the t nuts in the ears.

Good luck with your bucket.

There are a lot of progress threads for sgtfang buckets as well as MS buckets (similar type bucket) be sure to check them out they have great info.

Thx guys...

NikNak i have your progress thread booked marked already as well as a few others.:cheers

As far as fiberglass goes what should i buy? never touched the stuff, but i'm confident i can do it.

Arnold

I'll be adding an update to my thread soon, glad your liking it. :D

As far as fiberglass goes I purchased a Bondo Fiberglass Repair kit from advanced auto parts for around 10 bucks. It's the same kit that batninja used to glass the inside of his sgtfang. I'll have a pic of it up later tonight when I get home from work.

My MSH2...
P1010008.jpg

Ears screwed and washerd. They are not going to fall off.

Visor is attached with aluminum post screws epoxied to helmet, mirror hangers attached to the post screws, and Knurled knobs holding the mirror hangers in place.

Bottom is just mirror hangers epoxied to the helmet with two part epoxy putty.
Visor is removable if needed.
All parts from Lowes in the parts bins.
HTH,
Lynn

Very nice Lynn...
Question, do the mirror hangers keep their shape or do you have to re-bend the bottom ones , and is the2part epox. better(stronger) then JB?

Very nice Lynn...
Question, do the mirror hangers keep their shape or do you have to re-bend the bottom ones , and is the2part epox. better(stronger) then JB?

Thanks!!

All of the mirror hangers are bent out of shape from there origonal form to make them be able to hold the visor in place.

I don't know if the 2 part epoxy is better or stronger, but it works, gets the job done, and that is all I need to know.

Lynn

What are you screwing the screws into? I know the ear cap, but how? Did you countersink some threads?

Simple, I just drilled my holes in my helmet and then drilled the corisponding holes to fit the screw size for the ears and screwed the screws in, no need to tap any threads, the screws do it for you.

Lynn

If you look at the tops of the cheeks where the go up and then forward, it's round, this should be square, it's the same on bot ESB and ROTJ just an inacuraccy on the helmet

Now that this is a topic of discussion, I have a question to ask on this. If the Sgt. Fang comes from a mystery helmet, shouldn't these be some of the most accurate helmets?

It seems like a lot of people buy the mystery helmets and mod them to be more "screen accurate". This doesn't make any sense. It's either accurate or it's not. I know the main helmet makers acquired their mystery helmets a long time ago, and they call them mystery helmets because their routes are in question. Well, someone has to know where they came from. Someone made them, so shouldn't it be possible to trace going back from buyer to seller, buyer to seller?

I thought the same thing when RS started offering the accurate ear pieces, what a month ago? I was thinking to myself, what? the ear pieces on the current mystery helmets are so innaccurate that someone needs to offer new clean cast ears to make up for it.

And what about the brow that Bobamaker includes on his helmets. I know most things in the star wars universal have a-symmetry, but why don't the other mystery helmets have hints of a wavy brow if they all should have come from a similar source.

Must be why the recasting guidlines slides on those mystery helmets, they're not perfect anyway.

Thoughts on this?

I believe the 'Mystery Helmets' are supposed to have 'some' lineage to one of the preproduction helmets, however they are not a direct recast, kind of like a 3rd or 4th cousin, where as Lee's 'plug' is the 'Mitochondrial Eve' of the PP2 helmet.

I believe the 'Mystery Helmets' are supposed to have 'some' lineage to one of the preproduction helmets, however they are not a direct recast, kind of like a 3rd or 4th cousin, where as Lee's 'plug' is the 'Mitochondrial Eve' of the PP2 helmet.

So the mystery helmets are great for prepro costumes is what you're saying :lol:

Good to know. For a character that Lucas thought no one would like they sure put a lot of work into him, look at how many costume variantions he had.

I think George really did think he was going to catch on and "killed" him anyway :p

Thx NikNak...

so how would i do this? do i mark a few lines then slowly grind away? then fill w/putty and smooth it out...

thx

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back