ROTJ Paint Color List for Helmet

evan4218

Active Hunter
Folks keep PMing me for the colors I used on Ripcodes helemt and here they are easy to find. I will specify the exact grays I used as I have time.

Humbrol matt 31(main color)

Cabboose Flouquil enamel (mandibles)

Rainbow hobby enamel
"54 Blu Marina"(Lower cheeks)

Tamiya
"TS 43 Racing green"(rear)

Color to mist on top of the Tamiya racing green as the Tamiya color was too deep green this will add just a little blue and grey hue:

Humbrol enamel 88 (rear) *Use this color to tone down the main green by dry brushing it on lightly.

Humbrol super enamel 82 (killstripes)

You can use various grays for the some of the areas around the scratches.

The misting/weathering was done by mixing some gray enamel with Weathered black and lightly airbrushign it on.

The rust on the ears was weathered black with some rust enamel.

Forhead arrow was Insignia Red.

Discolorations were darkend and lightened Matt 31 Humbrol enamel by mixing white and or weathered black.

Silver was Hubrol Chrome Silver enamel.

I too just converted from SE to pure ROTJ, psberetta! Figured a change is good to do once in a while. ;)

Great painting post, evan! :)

If any of you folks have any difficulty getting any of the colors above, even the Humbrol colors, drop me a pm. I have a really great hobby shop that carries all the above colors I can pick up and send out to ya if needed.

Yea I will be painting two buckets with these colors here very soon one ROTJ and one pre-pro2. Evan was nice enough to get me some of these colors since my local hobby store suck.

Yea I will be painting two buckets with these colors here very soon one ROTJ and one pre-pro2. Evan was nice enough to get me some of these colors since my local hobby store suck.

Hey fella - sent ya a PM and got the paints you requested the other day :)

~Mike

SE = special edition. For the special edition of ROTJ, they included some additional Fett scenes, they used the original ROTJ suit, but for some reason, put an ESB bucket on. Hence, Rotj SE = ROTJ suit + ESB bucket!!
D

Free bump here,

Once again, if anyone needs colors picked up let me know. I'm running out to the shop for a few myself soon. They have every paint listed on this list and others.
I picked a bunch up for Predatormv on the last run. (y)

Justin, could you direct me to a few of those pics of Rip's bucket you painted ?

Thanks,

~Mike

i really could use a full set of these paints and many seem hard to find online so if you can pick some up for me mike that would be awsomw ... just let me know what it would cost. thanks.

-Steve-

I'm running to the shop tomorrow for Citizen_Snips to pick up some paints for him that he needs. If anyone needs anything from any of the color threads listed here at TDH or elsewhere, drop me a pm tonight of your wish list and I'll do my best.

~Mike

I'm running to the shop tomorrow for Citizen_Snips to pick up some paints for him that he needs. If anyone needs anything from any of the color threads listed here at TDH or elsewhere, drop me a pm tonight of your wish list and I'll do my best.

~Mike

Dan,
paints are on the way

USPS - 0306 0320 0005 6905 0470

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back