Uneven Rub-n-buff on BKBT new armor??

I knew a Vader that must have used that future polish technique. I didn't understand at the time, but we were trooping and it started to rain. His helmet started to get white spots from the water drops, so I don't know if I like the idea of the future polish. Interesting cconcept about the dish soap, will try that.

I wouldn't use the Future over the r n b, it will dull the finish & end up looking more like grey. If you r n b over the Future, you will be OK. R n b is waxed based so water should just bead up & roll off.

..here ist goes again....

after studying all tips i start RnBing my BKBT armor tobay.
but....
i never had so much problems like this time. maybe not my day :confused

i sand down the primer with 1000 sandpaper.
i clean up the surface with a wet blanket
after its dry and smooth i start RnBing... (with my hand and/or with an undershirt)

but u can see, there r some parts where looks like i had rub down the silver leaf or there are some coarse.... (maybe i used to much RnB ¿ )

after first RnBing failed i sand it all down and start again.(4-5 times)
this picture is my best result today... but look yourselves.

should i primer ¿
should i use a bit less RnB ¿
its frustrative !

problem.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
after first RnBing failed i sand it all down and start again.(4-5 times)
this picture is my best result today... but look yourselves.

should i primer ¿
should i use a bit less RnB ¿
its frustrative !

Well that makes 2 of us ... I've had to start all over again until I figured out a good way to do it. Like JangoUri said, too much RnB. A little bit goes a long way. Second, I definitely NOT stop using the primer. If you do, any scratches or dark spots on the armor are gonna show right through. When you do buff it, make sure you build up a lot of heat ... it gives the best effect and evens everything out so there are minimal streaks.

As Jimmy BufFETT said quoting JangoUri, a little bit goes a LONG way. I barely put any on my finger, and I try to spread it over the biggest area I can, don't let it clump on the object, or you'll have to sand and start over. When I RnB, I use: prime, wetsand, prime, wetsand, then RnB, then wetsand, then RnB.

As Jimmy BufFETT said quoting JangoUri, a little bit goes a LONG way. I barely put any on my finger, and I try to spread it over the biggest area I can, don't let it clump on the object, or you'll have to sand and start over. When I RnB, I use: prime, wetsand, prime, wetsand, then RnB, then wetsand, then RnB.

..hello again :confused,

well i tried the uri and jimmys way. but i can't get it as shiny as jangonewbies :(

MONDAY
i used primer and wetsanded it twice
YESTERDAY
i RnBed some parts and wetsanded them. after wetsanding RnB the parts gets a very smooth and soft surface.
but if i RnB them again with an old shirt and the surface isn't shiny. it looks more like matt.
TODAY
i always RnBed them very hard and with some heat. but the result looks matt, wetsanding again....

i attached some pics with the smooth and softly surface (collar) after wetsanding RnB and one with the matt result (shoulder).

any ideas ¿

i'm sorry but i never had such problems with my first pvc armor :angry

after wetsanding rnb surface.jpg

matt surface.jpg

My suggestion for rub n buff is first, sand your piece with 200, then 400, then 600. Then I generally will do 2 layers of primer, wet sanding in between with 600 grit. If you are using sintra, you really really really have to sand a lot to get rid of the slight texture there is. And when I use the rub n buff, I generally will do 2 layers of it. It works best if you seriously use hardly any and when I mean hardly, I mean, you squeeze the tube ever so slightly until it just begins to make a slight bit of movement out of the tube, rub the tip of your finger across the top of the tube and then rub that amount into a section of your armor. I run my finger over an area so it is just making the area silver but is really leaving no extra rub n buff. Move your finger all around the area to distribute then use all of your finger tips or the palm of your hand(better) to heat the rub and buff and shine it up. Repeat for all areas of yoru armor and then I generally will do a second round to really get it nice and even and shiny. If you have an area it gets a bit caked in, then a soft cloth will help. Fast rubbing and the heat from your palm is the best way to really make this product shine. DO NOT APPLY A GLOSS COAT!!! This will ruin the finish. You really need to buff very very well to remove all excess so it doesn't rub off onto your jumpsuit.

..first, many thx for ur assistance !!!! (y)

yesterday while i was going riled about RnB i took an extra rub with rage on the collar piece (undershirt used). just i wanted sand again etc....
but taataaa (y)
i think i have found a way and i'm satisfied with the collar, the right chest one and one othe shoulders.
well, i should read all texts and not overfly next time :rolleyes

like jangonwebie said. its like gym ;)

here are some pics for u. what do u think and can u see some differences ¿

hopefully is this my last cry for help

unterschiede.jpg

unterschiede2.jpg

unterschiede3.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back