On screen ESB armour colours

Your suit looks awesome with those colors. Are those knees the Reefer yellow also? You have some of the best weathered boots I've ever seen, too! So Lee recommended the RLM 62 for the gauntlets and jet pack also? I haven't read that before. That's cool. He's the paint master of all.

Cheers Steve (y) Is there an acrylic paintlist you (or anyone) would suggest to go by for best results with an airbrush. I've searched through the forums and seen so many variations that my stress level is hitting maximum and I haven't lifted a finger yet. Brands aswell as colours would be appreciated, then I can go recce local UK craft stores.

The only list I used was the RS color list.

Very Sweet suit JK,

Could you post pics of your Gauntlets all sides, if you can..i just would like to see the close up details and did you add color to your knee darts?

thx

Scratch built. I forget the exact dimension, but its pretty much rectangular. Making the cape is easy, getting the color right....well, thats something else!!!!! I'm still not 100 % satisfied with it, and I've already dyed it 12 times!!!!!
D

cool scratch build buddy (y)
do you think if i used TK409's tutorial for the ROTJ cape I wouldn't be far off?
I'll keep looking through the archives for colours. :cheers

I haven't looked at TK409s, but Yeah, that might be a good start as far as overall dimension. You might have to tweak it to fit your height, as I believe the ROTJ cape to be a bit shorter than an ESB. Just make shure that when you are wearing it, that the bottom hangs about to your knee armour.

As far as color...your guess is as good as mine. THat thing seems to be a different color in almost every pic, & there isn't really a diffinitive or agreed upon procedure for achieving the exact color that I'm aware of.
D

Hey guys! Great thread! I am attempting to paint my own armor as well. Pardon my ignorance, but could someone explain to me what the RLM in RLM 82 stands for? As well as I have seen the initials RS who does that stand for? Thanks so much!

RLM stands for "Reichs-Luftfahrt-Ministerium".
I would translate it in Department of the empire aeronautics.
That meens German Airforce of WWII

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back