Gauntlet hoses

Jango 5204

Active Hunter
I've been using a dyed hose I believe is accurate with the threads running through it. But those hoses are pretty stiff. What types of hoses is every other Jango using and how do you get them to become more flexible?

There are two types of that particular hose. One is meant for liquids (which is more flexible) with a thinner plastic wall, and one meant for compressed gas (which is not so flexible) with a thicker wall. You should be able to find either one at any hardware store. At least I think that's the order :confused :confused :confused

Yeah I thought it was the air hose that was the more pliable of the two. I was just wondering. You said that you dyed the hoses I believe. What kind of dye did you use? I thought most folks just spray painted down the hoses for the most part. I was also wondering if anyone has ever used the braided hoses like those used on cars to dress up the motor. The real metal braided hoses would be not only expensive but very heavy in comparison. I think they do make a cheaper stuff that you can cut to length and it will slide over the hose and look like the real deal-well from a distance anyway...Anyone tried that? I'm just about ready to buy (overdue actually, long overdue) the hoses and want to explore my options for my custom Mando...

As a contractor working with pneumatic air hoses of all materials and sizes, I can tell you guys that the softer, more pliable hoses are the ones used for such things as fountain soda machines. Pneumatic hoses are thicker and more durable, hence also stiffer.

I have my hoses ready to dye but I'd rather try and find the softer hoses, which I am trying to do right now. I've been slowly working on my v. 2 Jango gauntlets for some time. I know there's a thread around here for dying hoses. I'll find it.

Edit: Found it:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showpost.php?p=60512&postcount=160

I've heard that denim blue RIT dye works well. That's what I bought. I'm just waiting for my Dark-Side darts to arrive and I should be able to finish my gauntlets.

As a contractor working with pneumatic air hoses of all materials and sizes, I can tell you guys that the softer, more pliable hoses are the ones used for such things as fountain soda machines. Pneumatic hoses are thicker and more durable, hence also stiffer.

I have my hoses ready to dye but I'd rather try and find the softer hoses, which I am trying to do right now. I've been slowly working on my v. 2 Jango gauntlets for some time. I know there's a thread around here for dying hoses. I'll find it.

Edit: Found it:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showpost.php?p=60512&postcount=160

I've heard that denim blue RIT dye works well. That's what I bought. I'm just waiting for my Dark-Side darts to arrive and I should be able to finish my gauntlets.

Denim blue is the best color I've seen. The navy turns out more purple.

The denim works well but cut them to length first so the dye is more even.

I'll have to try that. I think I left mine in too long (one hour) and they turned solid blue...very, very dark blue! :lol: Gonna go buy more hose.

I also have to settle on using a small bucket instead of the sink or the washing machine! So I boiled the water in a big pot and poured the hot water into the small bucket and put the hoses in, stirring occasionally. This is the weirdest thing I've done so far when it comes to costumes.

How did everyone else dye their hoses?

My 3rd set that I am on now was done in a metal pot right on top of the stove. Used about 1 gallon of water and about 1/3 of the bottle. Let them soak for about 15 minutes while checking them and pulling them out. Yea my hands were blue for a fe days but I like the color and consistency.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back