New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend!

… Okay, so this is where I'm at in the process. I've ordered ALL my ROTJ parts. (I Think) It started with a Bobamaker helmet that I ordered in January 2014. It took one year and one month to receive it. (Well worth the wait) After painting it myself I decided to bite the bullet and made it my goal to put a complete suit together, with the goal of having it completely done by the opening of Episode VII.... Needless to say, I didn't make it... I'm still waiting on my major parts from Fettpride. (Gauntlets, jet pack, armor) I have everything else together. Here is my list of what I have bought in this process… doing Fett right is truly not for the faint of heart. And to do it right, will take DEEP pockets and assembly and artistic skills.

Heres my list:
Bobamaker Helmet kit - $290
Fettpride Armor kit - $350
Fettpride Gauntlet kit - $335
Fettpride Jetpack kit - $450
HandSchuab EE-3 (bought on resale in the RPF) - $700
Arkady Flightsuit - $175
Arkady Pouches - $20
Arkady Spats - $20
Arkady Tackletwill Vest - $75
Arkady Tackletwill Neckseal - $40
MOW Girth Belt - $60
MOW Balaclava - $70
MOW Boots - $170
BigDane Harness - $185
MikeM Gloves - $95
Delta13Mike Leather Belt and Pouches - $200
US Divers belt (bought on resale) - $110
MLS Horsebraids and Cape - $165
Toolguy Shin Tools - $106
Toolguy Bootspikes - $29.25
TK409 Chest Lights - $70
Aker 12watt Voice Amplifier- $63.95
Salamanderking Helmet Lights and Servo kit - $150
FullmetalFett Hooks and Clips - $50
MachineCraftReplicas Beacon light - $50
MachineCraftReplicas Collar Studs - $60
Lucksy31 Decals - $12.50
Home Depot Clear Webbed Hose - $5

Total Spent: $4106. 70

This total does not include the Hundreds of dollars in shipping charges.… nor does it include all the extras in paint, adhesives, materials and time you have to put in. … I'm not done yet but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now at least:)

I guess I should have posted here in the first place.

No prices here, but a general bill of materials I assembled for an Empire Strikes Back (ESB) Boba Fett costume:

boots
girth belt
gloves
flight suit
flak jacket
  • Loanstar Vest + Neck Seal
armor
jetpack
wookie braids
ammo belt
chest light kit
shin tools
weapons

solo.2.png

Last edited:
newbie to TDH here... I'm just now getting into my build, and all I can say is "holy hell"!
I know I was gonna spend a couple thousand on this, but I didn't realize how quickly it would happen! it's like a domino effect! haha. I probably have 25% of all the parts and am already at $2,000!! I've noticed that on FISD (I have several stormtrooper armor sets as well) they won't talk about the price. On here u guys have no shame saying what went into it. I like that ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A

Just started my ESB Boba Fett a few weeks back contacting vendors and placing orders...
Unfortunately for me I got no skillz... so I am depending on the experts to do a lot of the work and my initial estimates were way off.
Even with that said I’m overwhelmed with things like .. once I get my Helmet, servo kit, bucket fans, etc.. how am I going to put that together and also put in helmet padding.
Weathering of the MoW boots? Weathering of the Arkady vest /suit....?
Stressing over this more than any work BS or family stuff... stressing over a ESB Boba Fett.
Enough to make you wonder “have you lost you fAcking mind?”
My guess is $2,000 plus in now... $2,500 in a few months when the Wasted Fett Helmet, armor, gauntlets, Jetpack get done and painted by Lane Creative gets done.
So any words of wisdom or advice is greatly appreciated.

Edit- all respect goes out to the ones building from scratch, painting, the vendors that created these items, etc... my venting is coming from a guy that knows as annoying as this process can be I’m still taking the easiest path.

Last edited:
Just started my ESB Boba Fett a few weeks back contacting vendors and placing orders...
Unfortunately for me I got no skillz... so I am depending on the experts to do a lot of the work and my initial estimates were way off.
Even with that said I’m overwhelmed with things like .. once I get my Helmet, servo kit, bucket fans, etc.. how am I going to put that together and also put in helmet padding.
Stressing over this more than any work BS or family stuff... stressing over a ESB Boba Fett.
My guess is $2,000 plus in now... $2,500 in a few months when the Wasted Fett Helmet, armor, gauntlets, Jetpack get done and painted by Lane Creative gets done.

Edit- all respect goes out to the ones building from scratch, painting, the vendors that created these items, etc... my venting is coming from a guy that knows as annoying as this process can be I’m still taking the easiest path.
I really would not worry about anything that goes in your helmet. That comes later. Even padding. Focus on everything you need to COMPLETE the costume. Personally, I spent just over $3600. I got a lot of metal parts rather than resin, had DVH paint my jetpack rather than painting it myself, and just added the massive $250 ass ram that are MoW shoes to the spreadsheet without a second thought.

I hate to say it, but if you're going into Fett trying to be thrifty, you're going about it all wrong. Fett is expensive. You're going to spend a **** load of money. When you spend that money, do you want it to be garbage that you replace in a year, or have to repaint? Or do you spend the extra money for top dollar stuff? I try to compromise between the two- got most of my soft stuff secondhand, got a set of armor with a botched paint job second hand, saved probably $1000 total over if I had bought new. It's important to understand where it's okay to cut corners, and where it isn't.

I feel your pain, trust me. The key is to be patient. Over the 11 months I spent refurbishing my Rubies suit (which nobody should ever do again) involved coordinating w/ Fett4Real, DVH, RKD (R.I.P.), batninja, fettpride with my paint commissions, armor ordering, etc. And the fact is there is no easy way to get a suit together. Even after you get all of your parts you'll most likely have to attach the armor to the jumpsuit, vest, alterations may be needed with the soft materials and the list goes on an on. I'm the least handy person on the Earth but with the help from TDH members I was able to learn what it took. And when I was at the Minneapolis Comic-Con a few years ago I spoke to a guy with a Clone Trooper suit and asked him what adhesives he used and he said jewelry glue, which I never would've thought of. Ended up using it to attach rare earth magnets for my gaunts. It was a long haul and not sure where I saw it first but someone said on a thread that "A Fett is never complete" which is what I've found out in spades, especially with the route that I took so take solace with the fact you're going the route that you are. Just be aware that you're spending time wisely between family and friends and getting your armor together. I would take a few weeks off from even going on TDH, working on my suit and decompress, which was hard but kept me sane. It takes time, but well worth it. So many stories I've read on threads that people have to put stuff off and save up till they can fit it in their budget is key as well. I wish you the best and PM me if you need any advice or counseling lol.

Only two months in and probably 2-3 k spent with almost all of that not delivered for the 2-3 months waiting list...
The big purchase of helmet, armor, Jetpack, gauntlets and painting at least didn’t require payment in full to be put on the list.
Have a corner in a room where I am collecting what I have received... bucket fans, servo kit, beacon kit, chest display, ammo belt, girth belt, Jetpack harness...
I already had one guy try to stiff me out of $300 but luckily got Paypal to get me a refund.
Most people I’ve told are clueless why I have chosen to do this.. at first they think I’m joking.
Somehow I married a woman that does not like Star Wars.... I don’t think the reality of this has really sunken in for her as she is very perplexed and confused as to the purpose.
My kids are excited though
So far I’ve recruited local help... a work friend that makes and sells light sabers to help with electronics...
And a friend of the family that has cosplay for years and designs and makes consumers... to help me with weathering and getting the armor attached etc.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back