New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend!

Here's what I have so far
scratchbuilt helmet- $12.00
scratchbuilt armor- $13.00
fabric for vest- $2.00
paint- $40
trying to explain to my english teacher why Boba has priority of homework-priceless

JANGO COSTS

Helmet: $50(Rubies) to $250 or more for a completed one.

Jet Pack: $200-$500 or more.
Classic or stubby

Gauntlets: $125-$300 or more.

Armor: $100-$300 or more.
armor includes collar, shoulders, chest plates, center diamond, belly plate, cod piece, thighs, Knees, shins, Foot, and backplate.

Blasters: $50(rubies) to $750(MR)

Boots: $50(knock offs) to $200(reinone) REAL KCs $???

Girthbelt: $100-$300

Holsters: $100-$300

Pouchbelt: $100-$300

Flightsuit: $50-$200

Vest: $50-$250

Gloves: $10-$45

Optional things

Cape: $50 as seen in OS

Electronics:
voice changer $25-$400
led range finder $25-$125
remote/motorized range finder $50-$200
switches and led for gauntlets $10-$30

Aluminum parts:
darts 4 large and 2 small on right gauntlet $20-$50
missile on left gauntlet $100-$150
hoses need dyed $5 for dye $20 for hoses
beacon and stabilizer for jet pack $50-$125
range finder stalk $25
Knee darts $40-$80

Thanks FSOS! Now all we need is a Zammer to come in and post a price list and it will be complete. Since custom mandos are completly different it isn't really possible to make an accurate price list for them.

The price of gloves may need to be altered to $50-$80. I have never seen a pair of gloves go for the "$150" posted. Also, the T-Visor may need to be updated to $10-$20.

ONE MILLION DOLLARS, MUHAW-HA-HA!

evilpinky.jpg

The older slave one gloves were around $150 if I remember correctally.

I got mine from Shelby (Slave1) himself and he only ever charged $50....;) The occasional ebay auctions or re-sale of them may have gone that far, but as for the maker it was only ever $50 out of the gate.

Steve

I think we should "clean up" this thread and keep it as informational as possible and trim it down some..........MODS??

So here we go. Head to toe. These are for Boba...

I sat down (wait, I'm already sitting - nevermind) and costed-out my *current* costume, and this is the figure I came up with:

Total: $3366.00 :eek: (I can post the breakdown upon request)

And keep in mind that it has taken me 5 years to get to this point. Many items have been bought and replaced 2-4 times over the past 5 years as they break or as I find better quality/more accurate items to replace them with.

I made a lot of my parts myself to save money. Imagine how much my total would be if I had've bought every one of them!

I guess since the summer of 2002 I've probably spent somewhere in the range of $4500 - $5000 on my suit, in all of its "incarnations". Of course that was buying a little here and a little there. There's NO WAY I could've dropped that kind of money at one time on a costume. It was done bit by bit, over time.

I have one word of advice for you "new" guys and gals: PERSISTENCE ;) You'll get there. Just stick with it. Do the best you can and get it "wearable", then replace/mod pieces as your budget allows. I've seen over the years that if someone doesn't get their suit wearable quickly, they often lose interest in the process, and they never complete the suit (which turns out to be just a big waste of money then). They're too focused on getting "this part" or "that part", which may be the best parts on the market, instead of just focusing on getting something that they can wear until they can mod/improve the suit later.

I went from nothing to wearable suit to accepted into the 501st Legion in 5 months. Was it the most perfect ROTJ suit ever? Hardly. BUT, it was passable, and because I could wear my suit, I caught "the fever" (we all know what THAT is!!!) and HAD to finish my suit so that I could wear it to more often to events. That was 5 years and 100 events ago. :cheers

And to think that I started out wanting to build a costume for a mannequin!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to this . This is a great post. But with anything Star Wars or any character. And if you want to do it right it is going to cost money. It is also a hobby. I have been collecting Star Wars seriously since 1989. And going into this (me wanting to start a boba fett costume) I'm looking at this as a hobby.

Here's mine
$80 Neck seal, vest, pouches, and spats (plus reworking my jumpsuit) "crazy4bobafett"
$530 Armor (chest,ab,knees,shoulders,collar,backplate,cod) unpainted "Bobamaker"
$125 Jumpsuit "Starfortress reworked By crazy4bobafett"
$15 Girthbelt "Stateline Tack"
$350 Jet Pack unpainted "MLC2"
$27 Shin tools "real paterson parts"
$80 Gloves "REAL Gloves"
$11 Cape "Army Shelterhalf"
$15 Aluminum Studs "Russrep"
$100 Gauntlets "Fettpride recasts"
$50 Toe Spikes ""Russrep"
$3 Wookie Braids "99cents Only store"
$1 T-visor " bought a pack of 12 on ebay for 10 bucks"

The following items were given to me by some dear friends at no charge ;
Aluminum RF stalk "unknown"
Aluminum knee darts "Russrep" ?
Aluminum gauntlet darts 'Russrep" ?
Aluminum beacon & stabilizer "unknown"
Boots "Caboots"
Helmet, "MS2"
The Following items are also at no cost;
Blaster, "Hyper-Firm ROTJ made by me"
Ammo belt, Traded for a Hyper-firm Scout Pistol I made "Pavespawn"
Jet Pack harness, Made by the same friends

Approximate cost of "freebies" given to me by the greatest friends on the planet;
$1250.00

My cost excluding paint, time, velcro, elastic, snaps, etc
$1387.00

Here's what I ended up with minus the blaster
p1000448iu1.th.jpg

If it's your first time here, and the first things you want to know are on the lines of "where can I buy a complete costume?" ... then you are in the same boat as me. My costume represents that it is quite possible to do something like that, but having just posted that, I will mention the following:

1) If you are looking for a specific costume component to arrive completed, you MAY be looking at something in the ballpark of what I spent for mine.
2) It takes some time to get each component. Don't expect it to arrive in 2 days.
3) I did NOT do zero-work on my costume. Most of the work I did involved a bunch of electronics wiring and modifications, soft armor weathering, and putting everything together.

Before anyone reads my post, I will say the figure I come up with is near the upper end of the range of how much a costume costs. So any newcomer who reads this, PLEASE DON'T TURN AWAY FROM THE PROJECT! The reason I posted this is because most of my costume components came from some of the best propmakers on TDH.;)(y)(y) Also, most of them came "ready to wear!" I am the type that likes to have it ready to go when it arrives ... but that means it costs more since I was willing to pay others to do work for me (like painting and weathering.)

Anyway, here it goes. I don't want to post the marker of each item as he/she may not want his/her prices made public:

Boots: $140
Boot Spikes: $54
Spats: $15
Shin tools (painted): $210
Girth Belt: $60
Ammo Belt: $200
US Divers Belt/Buckle: $40
Belt Pouches: $45
Vest: $90
Jumpsuit: $123
Gloves: $85
Neck Seal: $49
Wookiee Braids: $40
Armor (knee w/ darts, cod, kidney, chest, collar, back, shoulder) (painted): $849
Collar studs: $25
Chest display: $79
Cape: $31
Helmet (painted): $630
Rangefinder & stalk: $70
Jet Pack (painted): $1,135
Screen accurate jet pack harness: $700
Jet Pack Beacon & stabilizer: $70
Gauntlets (unpainted): $350
Gauntlet darts: $40
Blaster: $500
Voice modulator: $500
RF LEDs & remote controlled servo: $237
Mic & Speaker: $75
-------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL: $6,443

(The things I did not include are things like velcro, straps, clips, snaps, helmet fans, LEDS, wires, switches ... stuff like that.)

How much did Fetthunter's suit cost?

Note: some of these parts were bought directly from their respective manufacturers, and some were bought 2nd hand (Cargo Hold, eBay, RPF, etc.)

1. Helmet: $600 MSH1 #7 (painted)
2. Neck seal: made into jumpsuit
3. Vest: $75 RA
4. Armor: $100 FD (painted myself)
5. Jumpsuit: $209 BM (with mods)
6. Girthbelts: $35 FD (dyed myself)
7. Ammo belts $120 PS leather
8. Belt pouches $45 FD
9. Jet Pack $450 MO (painted myself)
10. Jet Pack harness: $10 FD
11. Knee armor: $30 FD (painted myself)
12. Shin tools: $20 FD
13. Boot spats: $15 FD
14. Boots: $300 MC
15. Blaster ROTJ: $175 SP
16. Gloves: $90 S1
17. Cape: $35 FD
18. Chest display: $185 SM
19. Gauntlets(both): $460 custom (painted myself)
20. Toe Spikes: included on MC boots
21. Wookie Braids $25 FD
22. T-visor: included with helmet
23. Antenna stalk: $20 (RA aluminum)
24. Voice amp (black Radio Shack): $55
25. Fett Voice synth: $165 HD
26. Fett Voice /compressor/modulator: $50 FD
27. Jet Pack decals: $15 VdS
28. Chest & shoulder decals: $10 VdS
29. Aluminum shoulder studs: $20 RD
30. Resin calc pad: $6 FD
31. Resin dental expander: $6 FD
Misc. paints, sandpaper, tools, sealer, and other necessary items: $300
(and I could have very well forgotten something...)

Total: $3526.00

And keep in mind that it has taken me 5 years to get to this point. Many items have been bought and replaced 2-4 times over the past 5 years as they break or as I find better quality/more accurate items to replace them with.

Also note that a lot of my prices seem REALLY low, such as my shin tools and spats. That's because I made them myself to save money. I could have easily spent an additional $1500 by paying other people to build and paint my parts (good thing I got acquainted with an airbrush eary on in this process!). (y)

I guess since the summer of 2002 I've probably spent somewhere in the range of $4500 - $5000 on my suit, in all of its "incarnations". Of course that was buying a little here and a little there. There's NO WAY I could've dropped that kind of money on a costume all at once. It was done bit by bit, over time. :cheers

7602's suit

i like the idea of folks each posting their breakdowns... i think it gives people a good idea of the variety of options, and what people spend their $$ on, since we all have areas we put a lot into, and areas we skimp on.

my prices are slightly rounded, since i didn't keep great track of things. in most cases, i'm on my 3rd or 4th version of a part. this just represents the current stuff as of now.

flightsuit: $30, since i made it myself
vest: around $100 for the tackle twill and sewing (batninja)
neck seal: $30ish? (tk409)
gloves: $85 (THE REAL GLOVES)
boots: $100 (caboots.com)
boot spikes: i forget... i want to say $50. (omega_man)
spats: scrap fabric, no cost really
shin tools: $50ish, including an original patterson squeegee
knee armor: $30, capricorn armor
knee darts: $50ish, (russrep)
ammo belt: $100 (99centTaco)
girth belt: $30 i think (crazy4bobafett), then dye and straps
armor: $1100 (partsandtechnical.com)
chest display: $80ish? (shackman)
shoulder studs: $40ish? (psberetta)
rocket pack: $320 (bradleyfett)
- us divers belt buckle: $50
- beacon and stabilizer: $70 (psberetta)
gauntlets: $350 (manowar)
- gauntlet rocket/darts: around $140, could have been psberetta or russrep
- dental expander: $10 fettpride
- mq1 keypad: $150 (original casio)
cape: $10 army tent
wookiee braids: $35 (julie)
helmet: $550 (HS sun)
- chin cup: $25 (fettpride)
visor: $20 (bobamaker)
blaster: $550? (HS webley, elvistrooper barrel, tasco scope, blast-tech fins and sidewinder greeblies)

then probably $100 worth of paint, glue, velcro, etc...

so total is around $4275, give or take a few bucks.

hahaha... i thought i was done! since the original post i finished up the blaster and got a new bucket

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back