ESB Gaunlet greeblie help

Very cool, and thanks to everyone for sharing their finds!

Now the next question... was this used as part of the gauntlet shape at the front, or did they just use the guts & light inside and the button on the outside?

Now the next question... was this used as part of the gauntlet shape at the front, or did they just use the guts & light inside and the button on the outside?

It is possible that they used the whole mini torch and build that part of the gauntlet around it:

ESB Flashlight.jpg

That is what I think. If it's supposed to be functional like the one in the supertrooper gauntlet it needs the batteries, and keeping the rest of the torch built in sounds like an easy solution to keep the batteries built in.

Ive always thought of it as the whole torch in the gauntlet ...the recess at the front looks to me to be a rectangular opening cut into the vac of the gauntlet with the torch face behind it ... the bulb would be masked off and the recessed torch front painted ...thats what I think we see at the front...(my theory ;) )...
the torch could be mounted on velcro with the switch sticking through the side panel ?...this leaves easy access to batteries and a self contained unit in the gauntlet ... after all 'why fix what isnt broke?'

Im Working on a set of gauntlets at the moment so will build a platform to hold the light in and see how it goes will, let you all know how I get on with it and also if anyone needs just the button part, as soon as I have molded it I will send a few out if people want one.

I should have mine in 2 weeks. :/ Won the auction on Dec 14 and he says that it will ship today.

I have worked on these files for a while now... and almost drive me crazy. Most of the parts are based on estimations and guess work using the images posted by boba trooper (a huge thanks for him!) and although I didn't posted measurements, I provided a mm and an inch ruler to help you in printing the image at the right percentage. I did a test print using the Windows Picture And Fax Viewer program (for Windows users) with the 'Full Page Fax Print' option, resulting a perfect 1:1 page (sadly I'm not sure about the LTR format). But I guess it depends on the printer settings too...

Here are the files in A4 and Letter formats:
Ever Ready Minilight Template A4.JPG Ever Ready Minilight Template LTR.JPG

If there are areas that needs tweaking or resizing, just let me know and I will do the necessary adjustments.

Have fun!

I ALMOST got one on the bay...lost it by $1!! ugh...maybe next time. Im trying to get my hands on one to rig up in my gauntlet :)

Anyone got one of these yet and or had any luck finding any on the web?
asok and boba trooper have them. Boba trooper has posted pics.

Even better news, for me anyway, I finally got one off evil bay! I'm gonna try my best to get the whole thing into my new FP gauntlets which should be shipping next week!

Awesome thread! I hate you guys :D It seems the limit of my obsession can be measured by my ever growing parts list.

I saw one today on ebay for $157. No thanks. Is anyone still selling casts? Also, has anyone found it possible to turn the cast into a working torch?

Any luck DV getting the light installed?

Havent gotten around to it...but i posted some fitting pics in the thread where i mentioned i got one, and even though technically its the slightly larger one, i think it'll fit.

Not really sure why someone would want a cast of it to in the gauntlet. you cant see it. The only reason i want it in there is to have it function, so a real one makes more sense to me...even though the cost can be high. Ive added a light like that before but it worked off one of the pushbutton switches. Id like to get this to work with the actual torch switch n all. A working cast would be awesome though!

I picked up one of Ebay UK today. The seller could not verify the model number but I gave him the measurements and he said it looks really close. Cross my fingers I will find out in a week or so.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back