FP V.2 Interest Thread (FINALLY!) And FP Update

Yeah, but the chest is shaped like ESB armor and problably was once. I think FP said he was going on both the AOSW exhibit and ESB pictures to make the ESB chest set as there has been no true (no repaint) ESB armor seen since the 80's.

And there really isnt too much of a difference in the end. Its all sweet.

BTW guys, don't take my words on this thread as an attack on FP. He's a good guy. I probably did something in the past to tick him off, don't know. I just stopped hearing back from him and there's probably a good explanation for it. I'll be picking up a set of his armor either way. I'd have finished my fett years ago if I could accept a substitute. His stuff is just the best, that's all there is to it. Thanks for everything Chris!

Josh

EDIT: I would like to be moved to the March run, only because I have a debt to settle with FON before I make any new purchases. I'd still like a full ROTJ set with knees, untrimmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thanks for the info kbrosseau. Now I have to completely rethink what I want to order since I am going for a SE Boba.You learn something new everyday. And now I know.

Hey FP can we get some pics of the stuff we havent seen yet? Ala knees, shoulders, neck and back. I mean we know they rock already but it would be great to see them. Thanks!

I can't pass on this FP...put me down for the whole nine yards please :)
and when you break off from the armour at some point...I would love a set of gauntlets. WHOOO-HOOOO!!
~Kevin

Thanks again everyone. So it looks like the community has spoken. We'll go for option #1. Monthly list. We'll call the availability indefinite at this point. To be more specific, when there is a lul in demand, I can move on to other components for the community. So we'll just take that as it goes.

Materials were ordered today. Minor complication. Plastic, is a commodity. I've sort of explained this before. Prices change (go up) sometimes weekly/daily. I was able to get a shipment at an older rate because of a little stock they had left in another warehouse. So I'll be able to match what I've quoted for this round. I'll ride the material prices for what they are right now. If they go up a bit on subsequent lists, I'll absorb the cost as long as I can to be fair with what I've quoted. However, if it goes up too much over the next few months, we'll have to meet in the middle. That will mean one of two things. Either the price goes up a couple of buck, or a member can waive "trimming" to offset my time a little. In fact, anyone willing to do that for the first 2 lists will get a $15.00 discount. They will still be rough trimmed. It will be up to you. I don't want to complicate things too much, but I want to be fair nevertheless. And quite frankly, the trimming, although a little time intense, is really VERY easy. So I would encourage taking the discount, if oyu know what I mean. It's much easier for each individual, than it is for one guy to do it all, hence the discount that would be offered. Again, not trying to complicate things, but it's an option for you.

Otherwise, we're all good. Being that it's Jan 24th already, I think it would be best to start the first official list as of Feb. 1. That way we'll start on track. Now, before you flog me for ANOTHER couple of weeks wait, let me explain ;) During the next two weeks, I will start the first 10 set and have them nearly ready for the first list. Those members will have little to NO wait. Where this may not seem fair, it's really the only way we can start this program with an "On Schedule" approach. So please don't misunderstand when it happens so fast the first time, but not as fast with subsequent lists. Each list after will be "Within 30 days" transit/delivery.

Q quick note about the PM's that have been received in the last week. My apologies for not responding. I'm still without full-time internet access until tomorrow afternoon (As explained above with my recent move). But please understand too, that the primary reason for starting this thread was to work out a program for this that would not require PM's. The reason for this is to reduce the risk of me not being able to respond to everyone individually in a timely fashion. I really feel bad when I can't. This leads to misunderstandings, and ill feelings. By going with option #1, we can keep these misunderstandings to a minimum, and you won't have to think FP isn't listening ;) It's much easier to address this program "once" within a thread, rather than to have to send very impersonal "canned" responses to multiple members. Even with pre written responses, it's still very time consuming. And when I'm stuck in the PM box, I'm NOT out in the shop taking care of you guys (and gals) ;) So please keep the PM's to a minimum regarding FP V.2 please, unless you have special circumstances. I can address most inquiries here, in this very thread :)

To answer a couple of questions:

You will have your choice of ESB or ROTJ. The differences are VERY minor. Primarily dent placement on one plate (chest) and one (shoulder bell). I've yet to take pics of the additional updated pieces. Only because I haven't had time to perfectly trim a set of those yet. If you guys can live with it, I'll post an untrimmed set so you can see the differences. But the general shape and size is exactly the same between both ROTJ and ESB.

Animatronic : Thanks for your kindness. There are no hard feelings about anything. I did receive your most recent PM. You're very welcome to the armor, seriously. And I full well intend to rectify our misunderstanding. But I'd appreciate letting the water run under the bridge on this thread please :)

If there are any other questions, please post them here. I will be back daily to address those questions or concerns.

Thanks for all the interest and support !

Cheers everyone :cheers

FP

That sounds like a plan FP, thanks alot for the great communication and your services. You can disregard my pm by the way. I will be seeing you on the first FP. I 'll bring the chips and dip.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back