¿Would you sell a pair of Kenneth Cole Pitt Crew to Buy a Reinone Boots?

JangoUri

Active Hunter
Hey guys, I have a pair of a Kenneth Cole Pitt Crew boots, but the soles are a bit consumed. For this reason im wondering if you would sell a real Kenneth cole with a some consumed soles, to can buy a 0% consumed replica boots. :rolleyes

I'd get the replica for trooping and keep the "real" boots for display. That way you can say " These are the actual Jango boots".

Are the Reinone boots still available? I thought they did a run and were done. Either way, keeping them for sentimental reasons would be understandable.

Any chance of having them re-soled? I know that some of the details need to to be kept, but maybe a shoe maker could slice off the bad and replace it with the new. Ya know?

Either that, or you could contact CA Boots and try to work a deal to see if they can start offering 'a similar boot', if you get my meaning. ;)

Just some ideas...

-Shawn

EDIT-

And to answer your question, yes, I'd get the replicas... But I wouldn't sell unless you had a firm deal on a replacement set first.

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't!

I have Reinone Jango boots & a set of Ken Cole (Not pit crews) with the correct sole. I will take them all to the grave!

So my suggestion is....Offer more cash & keep the Pit Crews!!!

OR

Try contacting Reinone to see if he can re-sole your Pit crews with replica soles.

OR

Cast an accurate sole yourself & make a new rubber sole for your Pit crews.

Good luck whatever happens!

Jono

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING MAY BE MILDLY EDUCATIONAL!!!!

By the way, did you know that the upside-down Question-mark you used in the topic line represented a rhetorical question in years gone past.....but it was slowly dropped from common usage during the 16oo's.

Who has made replicas? I have wondered if anyone has done that before, but never knew. I wonder if they can make me a custom size replica for my feet...

-tubachris

I love my reinone's. The only thing is, the ankle portion is a bit large. I wish the ankles were a bit more snug, but I'd never sell them. What are the odds you'll find another pair of replica boots? No other replica boots exist as far as I know.

Reinone offered the FANTASTIC Jango boot reproductions, but that was a while ago.
You'll find him in the members list.
Cheers!

Forgive me for this one....but Star Fortress Productions offered a Jango style boot.
Compared to the Reinone boots, I would rate the SFP boots about 3 out of 10.

As usual, most SFP gear sucks.....but a 3/10 might be better than no boots.

Thank you for your replies guys. I already bought a pair of Reinone Boots size 10
I'm really still thinking about selling or not my Kenneth Cole boots, but i'll bear in mind your replies.

The sole isn't that bad, but is neither as good as a pair unused boots. Some pics:
d1.jpg

d2.jpg

Thank you guys

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of reinones and love'm.They fit perfectly. If you have a chance i highly recommend them. But as for your real deal ones, i say gettem resoled. They look good but they could be better. But make sure the shoe guy really knows what hes doing.Make sure he can replicate the sole accurately. Or just use them as is and display them with your suit when not worn.
Either way, their cool.

Whats your thoughts on the fabric used on the reinones? I think it a very close match to the Jango flightsuit. Which i believe was his intention.

The fabric of the boots match my jumpsuit well enough, though the fabric portion is covered by the pant cuff. Only thing is the ankles are a bit wide, unlike Jango Uri's as pictured above, but I wouldn't trade them for any other boots out there. The soles are still in top shape!

Double check with whomever you have lined up to "re-sole" them. I was told that the style of sole can't be resoled because it was an injection molded sole. I.E.--rather than a traditional pair of boots which are stitched to the sole, the ken coles were molded straight to the upper part of the boot, thus making the odds of your boots being resoled very slim without destroying the boots. I would try to get ahold of reinone BEFORE you do anything further with those Pit Crews to see what he knows about the boot making process.

Just a suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back