Metal Bucket

mercfett

New Hunter
Here it is I posted before and got a lot of feedback on building a boba bucket and thanx to all, now I am building a new one. The previous one has been put on hold for this one.I have finally bought a new welder after years of needing a new one and this is my first project with it. Hope you like it I know it is rough but that is what the grinder is for. I will keep posting with my progress as I go.

DSC00190.JPG

DSC00191.JPG

DSC00194.JPG

DSC00198.JPG

DSC00199.JPG

DSC00200.JPG

DSC00280.JPG

Next I will be making the ears and fibreglassing over the remaining holes in the top of the helmet. In the last pics you can see that I have ground down some of the welds and started piecing the helmet together. I got all the dimentions from Sarge's mystery helmet so I am trying to make my own mystery bucket. Thanks for all.

attachment.php

I AM KING FETT!!! ALL HAIL ME!!!

J/K!

This looks like a really cool idea. Will you be using this for a display only piece?

I bet it is pretty darn light... depending on the welds of course. Although cast alluminum, my helmet weighs in at 5 lbs. which is actually quite comfortable...

Iam using 18 gauge steel and I am welding with a gassless arc/mig welder. It is starting to get a little heavy but I'm used to heavy with a my paintball gear. No I won't be using this for paintball...just for show I think. And thanx for that King Fett thing that was funny.

i just finished welding the corners of all the ear pieces. whew.now to put them together and do a mock up to see how its looks. but that will have to wait till tomorrow. night all

Ok here is a general mock up of what it could look like with the ears on. I know they aren't in the right place but they will be fixed into the metal. enjoy

DSC00286.JPG

DSC00288.JPG

DSC00289.JPG

DSC00287.JPG

Last night I finished putting on the fibreglass on the top to seal the holes. Now it is dried and here are the pics of the finished fibreglass portion.

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

Ok everybody here is the moment of triumph. I have just finished welding the ears onto the sides and finished grinding down the edges and corners. You can start to see how it will look once complete. It is now in the primer stage and will receive a few coats of body filler to smooth it out, then it will be ready to paint. So far this has taken me 5 days to get to the body filler part. I hope this is worth the time and effort and money.

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

Here is the first stage of the body filler. This part will take a while so it might be a while before I post any more pics past the filler stage. Ttyl

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back