My Sidewinder blaster

My first attempt at a blaster. Give me your opinions.
Still need to do some "tweaking", filling in some screw holes I put in etc. The scope is accually a real, albeit cheap, scope. (sorry sidewinder).
The detail on Sidewinders kits is absolutely amazing! I have spent many years in the machine tool industry. His casts are about as close as you can get to the real thing. The screws in the casts look so real. Every tool makers mark is there and the serial and assembly numbers are there and so crisp. The scope has got to be seen to be belived. It looks so much like the real thing. I may end up putting it on to be authentic. Just wanted to try a real scope I had.
Not bad for a first time effort ehh? Really all the credit goes to sidewinder and his skill. Without great parts one can make good props.
So this ones for you SW :cheers
If I ever get to the UK we will definately put a few back.

Later
Dragon

Hopefully these pix will load.....

Shoot..............

P1000144.jpg

P1000145.jpg

P1000146.jpg

P1000147.jpg

yeah, sidewinder is going to get my money for one of these after my teeth are all fixed up. sooo.... early march i'm thinking.

Looks VERY sweet to me!

One thing I've been wondering about lately (not to hijack, sorry), BUT...

Why is it all the supposed Energy Weapons in the SW universe have Hammers?

Looks VERY sweet to me!

The guns were originally military weapons. The EE-3 is a Flare Gun from WWI and the Stormtrooper E-11 Rifle is a British Sterling machine gun from WWII. My guess that the kept the hammers is because they were just simple props that didn't need a full renovation for a detail that wouldn't be noticed. It also made the weapons look more industrial and dirty than the normal clean, sterile, and mass produced phasers of Star Trek.

The guns were originally military weapons. The EE-3 is a Flare Gun from WWI and the Stormtrooper E-11 Rifle is a British Sterling machine gun from WWII. My guess that the kept the hammers is because they were just simple props that didn't need a full renovation for a detail that wouldn't be noticed. It also made the weapons look more industrial and dirty than the normal clean, sterile, and mass produced phasers of Star Trek.

That and I think they were also trying to convey the fct that blasters were clumsy compared to a lightsaber, so the more **** that was on it made it look more clumsy.

Looks VERY sweet to me!

Probably because they were just trying to make a movie and did'ent think a bunch of Star Wars dorks like us would be nit-picking the details 30 years later.;) Awsome job on the blaster!(y)

LOL Leave it to a fellow Vermonter to think of that(y) . When I was puting it together I had the same thought. Why is there a hammer? There's nothing to hammer:confused . LOL I have thought too, that a wood stock seemed a little off. These guys are ziping around the galaxy but still use wood for a gun stock,lol. Guess with all that trying to take over the universe they hadn't discovered synthetic polymer!
Think Penneywise hit it on the head. Sometimes I think we are getting as bad as Star Trek geeks. LOL:lol:
Thanks for the compliments.
I'll have pix of my bucket if I ever get the package from Testors!!!!!!
Waiting to do one color.
Cya
D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back