Need Helmet Advice

GeekPastor

Hunter
hey everyone,

I need some advice on what to do with the gaps that are on the ears of my buckets. The right side has a hard time keeping the range finder up. Should I take it apart? seal them?

Here are some pictures to give a perspective.

317274599_20790a3d8c.jpg

317274596_4be5b71068.jpg

What do you think?

What type of helmet is it (resin, fiberglass, etc). On mine I drilled holes and bolted the ears from the inside of the helmet.

First and foremost, what type of helmet is that and what are the ear pcs. made of?

If resin, did you sand them flat before you mounted them or did you just paint them right out of the box?

When I did my helmet I cut a peice of a for sale sign to fit on the mounting point on the helmet. to give some space for the stalk, I believe batninja did the same on his. As for the left earcap. I sanded the back of it down so it was really smooth and even then drilled 6 holes through the helmet, held the earcap where it was supposed to be, marked the holes througgh the inside of the helmet and predrilled the holes and attached with short sheet metal screws.

No, I mean fill the hole in so that way you can screw it from the inside of the helmet.JB weld is just what I used so it would hold up with the screw being in it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back