Need advices for an "unarmed" custom mando

I'm curious to see your shock gloves, so if they're created already, I'd love to check them out...

I'm in the design phase, so they are just in my mind. if you want a pic, I've done a very quick and bad preview in DAZ|Studio. it is just to give you an idea. perhaps they will be linked to the wires of a photoflash, so it will be semi-functionnal. this pic is just a concept, so the definitive prop will be different:

stun.jpg

there is a sect or "jedi" who wore gloves like that and had swords with a blaster on the tip

i forget there name, but its another "jedi" culture. There gauntlets deflected blasters. is that what we talkin about?

Nope-those folks were from Mace Windu's home world and was in the book "Shatterpoint." I read about crush gauntlets in an issue of Star Wars Insider that had a fairly extensive article concerning Mandalorians in general, their way of life, their past, weapons and armor from their past etc...If you want I can dig through my stack of SW Insiders and see which issue number it was so you can maybe get a back issue or something-Ebay perhaps.

Happy Holidays!

Nope-those folks were from Mace Windu's home world and was in the book "Shatterpoint." I read about crush gauntlets in an issue of Star Wars Insider that had a fairly extensive article concerning Mandalorians in general, their way of life, their past, weapons and armor from their past etc...If you want I can dig through my stack of SW Insiders and see which issue number it was so you can maybe get a back issue or something-Ebay perhaps.

Happy Holidays!

I believe it was issue #81, I've been trying to find one since about a month after it came out.

what about some kind of small computer, about the size of those binoculars from the movies. it's not a weopon and something reasonable for a diplomat to be carrying

It was my first idea, but I'll already have a built-in computer, so I want something other.
I've done a quick search on wookiepedia in the "Technology" and "Tools" article, but it is difficult to found ideas without any pics :(

By the way, did something knows something about the repulsive boots of the Nimbus commandos from the battle of Jabiim? (if you have any pics, they will be very useful)
nimbus_lulu.jpg

maybe downgrade? if you haven't noticed technology is making everything small and built in. if you didn't build everything in, you could carry something.
;)

I have the Battle of Jabiim" comic but my sister swiped my scanner. If I remember correctly, didn't they use a type of rocket boot, or was it a repulsorlift kind of technology? That'd be some ride! I'd probably be the unfortunate one who's boots jetted off in opposite directions...:lol:

How about a rock launcher on your wrist? They had that on Thundercats. hahaha. In your hands you could carry a suit case labled Death Star Schematics. It could even be handcuffed to your wrist.

maybe downgrade? if you haven't noticed technology is making everything small and built in. if you didn't build everything in, you could carry something.
;)
In the first post of this thread, I precised thet it will be an Imperial mandalorian affiliated with the Imperial Departement of Military Research. So he will be the tester for some new prototypes, but this is a good advice. I will try to do something.

I have the Battle of Jabiim" comic but my sister swiped my scanner. If I remember correctly, didn't they use a type of rocket boot, or was it a repulsorlift kind of technology? That'd be some ride! I'd probably be the unfortunate one who's boots jetted off in opposite directions...:lol:

Yes, they have a kind of repulsorlift technology that allow them to move faster.

In your hands you could carry a suit case labled Death Star Schematics. It could even be handcuffed to your wrist.
:lol: Hey, it can be a good idea! this is actually the best concept I've heard.

I was thinking of a cane; not an old man's cane to help him hobble along, but like the kind that Lucius Malfoy used in the Harry Potter movies. The very top can flip up to reveal a computer screen, displaying information concerning diplomats and political situations. Sensitive information; the kind one would not want on a datapad that anyone could pick up and read.
The very top could be the Imperial logo, which would flip up if you hit the right button.

I was thinking of a cane; not an old man's cane to help him hobble along, but like the kind that Lucius Malfoy used in the Harry Potter movies. The very top can flip up to reveal a computer screen, displaying information concerning diplomats and political situations. Sensitive information; the kind one would not want on a datapad that anyone could pick up and read.
The very top could be the Imperial logo, which would flip up if you hit the right button.

Excellent concept. I keep it in mind. thanks.

a cane sounds pretty bad a... but dude if your a diplo maybe no bucket? i see more face to face contact, or redo the T visor idea. Maybe not a bucket but like what gambit had from x-man.

but that cane idea... that is awsome.

No bucket? oh no! A bucket have a strong symboliscism in a mando costume, and I can't imagine wearing a mando armor without the bucket.

For diplomatic missions, the cane is OK, but what about the Infiltration/stealing missions? A multitool cane, or something totally different?

No bucket? oh no! A bucket have a strong symboliscism in a mando costume, and I can't imagine wearing a mando armor without the bucket.

For diplomatic missions, the cane is OK, but what about the Infiltration/stealing missions? A multitool cane, or something totally different?

A type of sword-cane; like the kind you see at the sword booths at conventions. With a twist, you can pull the blade out of the cane.
Now, this wouldnt necessarily be a blade, as the Mando would really have no use for one. It could twist and and seperate; the long part would be tied to the back (or seperate even further into pieces that can attach to his arms and legs, or placed in pouches), while the short version would be about the size of a dagger. But instead of a dagger, it could be like an R2 unit's computer arm; it could plug into a port, and slice information. For all intents and purposes, it would be a slicing (the computer term) tool; he'd have to get the information to the computer in his cane somehow, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, the cane will be used for diplomatic mission. A Built-in computer and a kind of R2 computer arm will be fitten into, and the handle will reveal a wrapped screen (concept pics will follow).

But I finally think that the cane concept is useless for infiltration missions. perhaps something stuff, but I have no ideas.

By the way, does something have ref pics of the Nimbus Commandos Boots from the battle of Jabiim?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back