My Christmas Present arrived early...

I love my TF bucket and I don't even have it yet! isn't fettlers helmet the closest ranking to the msh1? I remember when TF posted pictures some thought it was a recasted one but it was proven that it was made from scratch

Hey, I have a question for Terminal Fettler and anyone else with a TF bucket- Do the T-visors that the ebay seller rembrant studios make fit these helmets? I gotta get a visor and the t-visors seem like they have too much curve in them... do they bend at all to fit the curve of the front of the helmet? I'd rather get one of those than cut a piece of acryllic just because I want this to look nice inside and out- no rough edges, you know?

thanks

Phil

They seem like they would. I stuck my extra rembrandt in my TF bucket and the curve seemed right. However I could be wrong, because my t-visor has the left "eye" broken off, so it's kinda hard to judge.

Hey, I have a question for Terminal Fettler and anyone else with a TF bucket- Do the T-visors that the ebay seller rembrant studios make fit these helmets? I gotta get a visor and the t-visors seem like they have too much curve in them... do they bend at all to fit the curve of the front of the helmet? I'd rather get one of those than cut a piece of acryllic just because I want this to look nice inside and out- no rough edges, you know?

thanks

Phil

I would give these a try, if the curve is marginally too tight/shallow, there is a slight amount of flex in 3mm acrylic which should allow it to fit. As the T-visor should be over sized to the T-slot, you should be able to adjust for any discrepencies...

thanks

Phil

I would go with bobamaker t's or t-visor.com.

Well, I ordered a T-visor- the extended should do the trick I hope. i'll let everyone know after christmas how it comes out. The helmet weighs in at nearly 2 lbs., 1.8 to be exact... I'll be doing a preproduction version 2 paint scheme on it, and while I do agree that its awesome looking now I think it'll be even nicer painted up. I have a DP '96 coming in the mail too that'll functino as my test helmet initially so I get get alittle experience painting and weathering a helmet.

phil

Well, I got the t-visor in today and I sized it up- the curve is alittle too tight for the curve in the helmet and the asymmetry in the mandibles makes the bottom alittle off... But I can bend the visor to make it fit, and I might need to cut about a quarter inch off of the sides of the top of the "T" and if a manipulate the mandibles when I glue it on it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Also, when I attach the visor, should I go with Hot gluegun glue? I temporarily mounted it with hot glue and it was in there good and solid, but will it hold up in the long run? Any insights?

Phil

If it is going to be sitting on a shelf as a display, hot glue is fine...it's what I used on my DP95. If you are going to troop in it, especially outside on a hot day, guess what happens to the hot glue? Yep...a nasty melty mess. I've heard plumbers Goop recommended by several members of this board and other forums, and I recently tried it out modding my Scout bucket and I can vouch for it....strong stuff and won't melt when it gets hot. the only downside is it takes longer to set (24 hours recommended) whereas hot glue takes only as long as the glue needs to cool. So I think on my next Fett bucket I will tack the visor in place with hot glue (I use the high temp stuff btw) and use the Goop to actually secure it.

-rocky b

Well, I got the t-visor in today and I sized it up- the curve is alittle too tight for the curve in the helmet and the asymmetry in the mandibles makes the bottom alittle off... But I can bend the visor to make it fit, and I might need to cut about a quarter inch off of the sides of the top of the "T" and if a manipulate the mandibles when I glue it on it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Also, when I attach the visor, should I go with Hot gluegun glue? I temporarily mounted it with hot glue and it was in there good and solid, but will it hold up in the long run? Any insights?

Phil
I would glue the L/H side of the visor in first (as you're looking at the helmet), you can then adjust the R/H side mandible the couple of mm needed to match the left side, this worked perfectly with my helmet...

I would glue the L/H side of the visor in first (as you're looking at the helmet), you can then adjust the R/H side mandible the couple of mm needed to match the left side, this worked perfectly with my helmet...

I'll bear that in mind TF, what did you secure your helmet with? I was thinking hot glue just in case something went wrong and I needed to replace the visor- but I guess once the helmet is done if anything where to scratch or damage the visor majorly it's also going to do that to the helmet.. =)

Phil

I hot glue gun in my visors, it means you can remove if required, i've never had one fall out due to excessive heat conditions, but then again i do live in the U.K.!

I'm in Philadelphia and while it does get awful hot in the summer, mabye I'll risk it and use hotglue and see how far it takes me.

Phil

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back