New Project (Cade Skywalker)

Hey Shatir, that armour is looking reall good! Thanks for the info on attatcing the armour. I had thought of making a vest like with Fett armour, but that will be too difficult, so probably will copy ur idea and attachet it all with leather.

I think i am going to skip the back plate, i'm not making a Cade costume, and my character wont ever be shot in the back, and more importantly I cant take too much stuff with me when i go to C4!!!!

Well hope fully if i dont have to many distractions (women) when I get home i should be able to sand and shape my armour this weekend!!!! Lets hope!

C4 is May 24-28 in Los Angeles. I bought some leather and started work on a Cade belt tonight. I'm not in the mood to upload pics at every other step, however, so I'll get a whole bunch of pics up at the end of the week.

Awesome costume. I'm working on one myself for D*Con. I was planning on doing the breastplate out of leather myself. Anyone else going that route? Just looking at the pics it looks more organic to me.

I'm also planning on taking a few liberties with the Rawk. I'm approaching this costume the way one would if they were doing it for a movie. Going to use the airsoft pistol grip shotgun as a base. I'll be posting pics when I get going.

-Chris

So, here's what I have done so far: The armour is for the most part done, though I'm thinking of a couple of tweaks, the wristwraps are done, the belt is done, the sash is in progress, I need to iron it so it stays wrinkled.

DSC02608.gif

Holy ****! Other then the fact that you need a different pair of pants that;s awsome. Um 2 things: WHere did you get that red shiny cloth, how did you attach it and Maybe.... nvm. It's awsome :) BTW you look evil in that pic, Red eye and all :)

I got the shiny cloth at Fabricland. It is shiny, but the flash did make it brighter than it really is. It's not really attached, I just had it tied in the back. I still have to find the way I want to attach it. I may just put elastic inside and connect the ends.

And without further delay, here are my own Cade Skywalker armor templates, these are my V2.0 templates, with like, well, most bugs cut out the works. Im not 100% happy with them, but I still I like them. If you guys see ANYTHING that I can improve on, tell me, because I'd like to only cut out one permanent set. I also relise I need to add, mabey an inch or so on the wrap around peices, I just didn't have any larger peices of paper. :lol:

And sence I know JK3 will more than likly read this, I'd like to let you know, that I have a take on Jodo Kast that no one has attempted yet. After I get some sintra, you should be able to look foreward to some pics forth coming, but sence Im not going to C4, I don't have a set date I need to be done by...They should either have a West coast Celebration, and an East coast one, or not have one at all. (n)

Here's the templates -

(Put Together)
Cade004.jpg

(Expanded)
Cade006.jpg

(Chest Armor)
Cade005.jpg

nice job, i would sugest makeing the Chest peice a little bigger. Did yea try my templates? cause i really want to get those right to, got any critasism (sp) about them?

o and maybe the back strap could be longer

nice job, i would sugest makeing the Chest peice a little bigger. Did yea try my templates? cause i really want to get those right to, got any critasism (sp) about them?

I actualy did try your templates first, and for me, they where to small.:facepalm I also think your stomach plates should of been bigger, mabey, like by half an inch or so, to allow enough room for them to "fold under each other".

o and maybe the back strap could be longer

Longer, or wider? Thats what I meant when I said the wrap around peices need to be longer, like both the under arm peices, as well as the back staps, but looking at them I think they may need to be slightly wider as well. Thanks for the imput man! :cheers And thanks for both your comments as well. (y)

EDIT - Shatir, if you could tell me how wide your chest peices are, I'd certainly appreciate it, so I could compare them to mine, to see if I should/how much I need to alter mine's size.

Each chest plate is approximately 8.5 inches at the widest point.

Ok, thanks man. (y) Mine are 7.8 inches at the widest points, so I'll add just a bit on each side.:)

Do you have any pics on how your armor is set up? I beleive how I'm going to do mine, is that Im going to make a backing peice that conects both chest peices, and the center diamond (like yours if Im seeing it right), and then down from that, I'm going to "hang" the stomach peices so they'll be moveable, (or at least flexable to a degree.) from that under peice. And I'll do the same with my back plate to make it easier to move around in.

Yes, that's the method I used to connect the chest pieces and diamond. I used leather to back them. The stomach pieces hang, yes. Though they are not directly attached. A piece of leather connects one stomach strip to another, so that you end up with overlapping strips of leather in the back connecting the stomach pieces. It's not super flexible, but it works for now.

aaaight so i need to
A)ab plates bigger.. like wider right?
B)Lengthen the peices that go under arm, widen to?

yea sorry the temps didn't work. hopefully i can change that and get u a set that will work

Shatier, anything else need modding for templates?

P.S. the medium can be blown up if needed, but i have a feeling that doesn;t work well either?

I'd say increase the chest plate size by about 10%, but other than that I think your templates are an awesome place for everyone to go from. People just need to adjust them to how they fit individually. I'd say the way your templates are now are great for folks a little on the thin to average side of things. Personally, I'm a little burly, so I need that size. Bigger guys than I will have to make them bigger still. Really it's up to the individual to find their fit.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back