New Project (Cade Skywalker)

Here's my finished armour. The paint is a spray bronze hammered finish, dry brushed over with gold.

cadearmour2.gif

cadearmour3.gif

cadearmour4.gif

That looks fantastic! Wish I could make something like that, alas, I have no cash'olla. Only problem is that it looks like it's more steel colored than gold.

HOLY C R A P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!

can i buy that from you?????????????????????????? THAT IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!

Umm, I could sell it and make another for myself, but don't you want to make your own armour, dude? That's where the fun lies: making something yourself that you can be proud to put on display.

Ummm.... I do want to make some myself but.... I made my Mando armor out of a trash can......... I would probably try to make it out of a trash can but it would be less than 1/2 as cool and I'm not the best at painting things.... I'm new to this kind of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just do what you can buddy. It takes a lot of practice to get good at costuming. The only way you'll get skilled at it is by actually making costumes.

Krylon spray paint seems to be the one of the best choice. Paint it all gold and weather (or weather later on) then after it compeltely dries, use painter's tape over everything, then stencil and cut out the chest pattern in the tape, and paint the black parts. I haven't make armor before, but there are several uses for this procedure, though it's definetly not the only choice, it just seems to be the easiest IMO. Once you all painted, the painter's tape is off, and everythings dry (perhaps not all that order) spray it all over with a lil bit of Krylon Clear Matte Finish to dull any gloss from the other paints.

For weathering, there are several routes you can go. Rub-n-buff comes to mind. You could also LIGHTLY spray from black, brown, brownze, or whatever weathering colored type of paint over the armor.

If I'm mistaken at all here expert armor builders, please tell me so I can slap myself silly :lol:

I just took some big sheets of paper, folded them in half, and started drawing shapes on them that I hoped would work. Luckily, one of them did. You could use a Fett backpiece for starters, then play around with it.

Ok. I got the templates ready and took some pics. When I made my Mando armor my mom wanted me to take come progress pics but I never did, so I'm gonna try to take some this time around and I'll be sure to post 'em! BTW how did you attach the leather straps?

I AM SO PISSED! MY CAT JUST PUKED ON MY TEMPLATES FOR THE ARMOR AND MY LEGACY COMICS, ALL 6 OF 'EM!!! FORTUNATLY ONLY THE COVER TO #1 WAS DAMAGED, BUT STILL! NOW I HAVE TO RE-PRINT AND CUT OUT THE TEMPLATES!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I know. But this time it was the cat I like, not the evil black cat. I'm nice to him.... I got the templates done and am going to pick up my stuff for my armor at about 7 or 8

If you look at Cade's shirt (don't have a pic handy) where the part connecting his armor plates goes over his shoulder his shirt is ripped. I'm wondering what type of material that is. in #3 after he is done talking to a certain ghost he doesn't have his armor on and his shirt looks kind of shiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back