New Prototype BKBT Chest Armor

..well after watching and comparing other (movie) shots, maybe i have little suggestion for improvement ¿ :rolleyes

critic.jpg

I believe that the measurements are correct, in the vertical cut I agree. But I continue believing that they are very good. (The PIC is from Portugal Expo)

IMG_5462.jpg

These plates are rub n' buffed. I probably won't do cold cast as it will be harder to match existing armor pieces & helmets. My mannequin torso may be throwing things off a bit. I made sure to curve the belly plate slightly to match the reference photos I have. It will line up better with the chest plates once it is actually attached to a vest. Once I cast up this piece I'll check the alignment & make any modifications & another mold if necessary.

I haven't had much time to look at these again, but after looking at AdmFrancis' pic(y) I photoshopped an overlay & the ab plate looks a little long & needs to be shortened. There are a couple of other discrepencies I want to take care of & then I'll post a better set of pics.

Just a quick update: I made a temporary mold of the left chest plate so I could cut the slots in it. I wanted to be able to quickly make another plate in case I screwed up the placement. The ab plate I gave more of a curve to fit closer & I marked out where I thought it needed to be trimmed. After a quick photshop overlay, I can see I will need to trim off a bit at the top as well. It is hard to get all of the plates to line up exactly at the same anglw but I think I am pretty close on this. Please note that the collar armor & center diamond are the old ones, I left the new ones at my shop & couldn't photgraph them. These are now ready for molding & I just need to whip up a set of shoulder bells.

comparison 6 copy.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back