Aussie Bly going Mando'a.

hey stormrider,

It's not the blade sword, but similar. Check out the united cutlery "samurai 3000" range that they did, very cool stuff that can easily look like it belongs in the SW universe

So you found the ninja, awesome. Gonna need to get the Samurai for myself and have a duel :cheers

Sorry I haven't been on messenger for a long while. Just got a job and I'm rushing a big school project.

hey Toragh, no worries on that one!

School and job come first :) The Katana version of my sword curves at the tip and would put me down pretty quick, lol. good luck with everything, and hopefully ill hear from you soon!

Hey Guys,

Update time, i finally got my Gauntlets! Special thanks to Tubachris for arranging the postage for me. i have moved the collar up abit as per your advice on that everyone, and am experimenting with using a sam browne belt as my primary with sword hanging support. The shoulders were way too big for me so i just decided to get rid of them, am working on replacement armour as we speak advice and comments are welcome as usual, here is the link to the newer photos:

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/Darth_mattie/Custom Mando/test fitting shots/

Those are some intresting gauntlets you picked out. They remind me of someting out of LOTR. Were they custom built?

Those are some intresting gauntlets you picked out. They remind me of someting out of LOTR. Were they custom built?

They were actually a set that i stumbled across that were made by Windlass Steelcrafts, and they seemed to match what i was looking for, so i snagged them up. Really trying to steer away from teh traditional gauntlets that mandos have to reflect that his clan has kept armour fashion from 4,000 years ago.

Wow, back from the dead here...

I'm not sure if anyone is even interested in this thread anymore, but i thought i would share some photos of my finished Mando, Ason Ral'Ka, in MK I form. Obviously there will be changes, as demonstrated by Hydras drawing, but that is a good while off yet, i'd like to get some use out of this set.

Armour done by Wickedbeard, including shoulders. Helmet cast as one-off Metal sculpt by our good friend Hand-Shaub, the rest i pieces together myself. Primary weapons were mnissing, so ijust grabbed whatever my mate had lying around (props to you brad for your help today!)

Feedback welcome:)

Ason Ral'Ka.jpg

Ason Ral'Ka 2.jpg

Ason Ral'Ka 6.jpg

Ason Ral'Ka 7.jpg

Ason Ral'Ka 8.jpg

Ason Ral'Ka 10.jpg

Ason Ral'Ka 11.jpg

Good to see your still going at this one Matt :D My Boba is almost now complete btw :) soon ill have that precious little 4 digit number :D

Keep up the fantastic work on your Mando :D

Wow, that's really some neat work. No knee armor though? It seems that knee armor is one of things every Mando looks good in. Great job.

Dude..........I am speechless.You look awesome bro.Love that helmet man.I am impressed.Thanks so much for choosing me for the armor.

That is one awesome custom mando. You've nailed the royalty theme right on the head and Wickedbeard once again did a fantastic job on the armour and paintwork. Oh and of course I can't not mention the bucket as it's an inspired piece of design. I wasn't too sure when I first saw the sketches but as a real world piece tis a thing of beauty to behold. :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back