Pre-Pro Gauntlets

para fett

New Hunter
I am about to begin the proces of converting my ESB Fett into a Pre Pro Fett. To start I will be doing the gauntlets, has anyone built the massive flamethrower he has on the Yellow gauntlet? (I'm sure many people have) I can't find any good, up close, ref pics on this item. Some ideas would be great!

If you're talking about the rod with the red wire around it, you should contact Predatormv about his (I'm pretty sure he's the one who made the Prepro suit with that flamethrower).

in the good ol' days Star Wars Chronicles was THE definative souce for costumes especially Boba Fett. There are a great deal of pictures of the making of the costume and putting it on the model/actor before Jeremy. I've actually only seen the book once. It's quite expensive, for a book.

This is a pic from the Chronicles:
prepro.jpg

....everytime i see the prepro fett i suddenly want to convert my esb to prepro

MUST resssist

the gloves and gauntlets are just spectacular.

plus the sling gun is wonderful

I really like the red and yellow gauntlets, the only thing that I think is weak about the entire costume is the sling gun, sorry Combat boy

If I were to EVER do another Fett,(which will never happen because I value my sanity, my family, and my money too much now :lol: ) I would DEFINITELY do this pre-pro version....hands down the coolest IMO...that flamethrower is the frickin' bomb diggity bomb(y)

Steve

Yea I am the one that did this version of the costume. I can't take credit for the gauntlets though. Ruffkin custom made them fore me. And they rock the casba.

IMG_2264.jpg

But I will mention that I am working on an all metal version of the brass end of it. Ruffkin told me what he used to make his master and I am working on building one.

But I will mention that I am working on an all metal version of the brass end of it. Ruffkin told me what he used to make his master and I am working on building one.
Ruffkin's an awesome guy. How stable is the flamethrower? The Pre-Pro flamethrower has always scared me :facepalm My ESB flamethrower scares me, haha.

The tube it's self is all metal and it is rivited on so it is pretty stable. I walk around with it in it's "closed or retracted position" because it it metal it does actually slide in and out. The tip is resin and I did manage to break it on the drive from the hotel to braks's house at dragon con and several other times through the weekend at dragon. That is why I am making a metal tip.

Wow, predatormv that flame unit looks wicked. It's huge! My ESB flamethrower worries me constantly at events. It's made from resin and broke once at a Con, if I remember correctly a few other things got broken off at that event as well. I was thinking of maybe using a metal tube and then a hose attachment at the end. Maybe I should try and find something that is telascopic, for the tube.

I'm in the early stages of making my Pre-Pro Fett. After looking at the yellow gauntlet, I have a few questions about it. Of the two hoses on the gauntlet, one looks like a metal braided line like the type you would see in hi-performance autos. The other looks like a hose that goes on a sink sprayer. Are they different, or are they both the same?

Yea I am pretty sure they are the same hose. At one point they are taped together (and one stops) with foil tape. There is a small red wire running in the longer of the two hoses, and they don't go into his sleeves like all of the other suits, they run into this back armor. The red wire most likley runs from there into his jet pack. On the original suit lots of little things worked and that wire probally has something to do with the flamethrower opening and closing or something.

Here is how I did mine, they should come more out of the top of the gauntlet but they kept falling down. I have since stopped wearing them since they were just too big a pain in the butt.
IMG_2263.gif

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back