two questions

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
i've got a 97 rubies (i know, it's a cheapie. it's my first and i'm experimenting with it.) and i was wondering, when using the hot car technique for reshaping, how long should i leave the helmet in the heat? i'm trying out an idea using a closet that has hot water pipes that run through the back and a small space heater, it should get pretty warm in there.

the other question i have is, how do i best remove the rf ear without scarring it up real bad?

i don't know about that closet thing... it might not get hot enough. a hot car will get really really hot.

when reshaping a royal guard helmet (same material), i used a heat gun.

I put mine in an oven JUST FOR A FEW SECONDS, to get it soft, then taped it from fron to back across the opening to hold it while it cooled.

it got up to about 120ish in that closet, and it ended up making the helmet soft enough to form by hand. got the shape i wanted and "froze" it in cold water. it kept the shape for a few hours, until i cut the old visor out. this was the first of probably many reformings before it's acceptable.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back