Help,I am a BSS victim.

I'm just glad I didn't buy one of his gauntlet kits-and I actually almost did before I started reading more on the subject and looked into what's quality material and what's not. Poor impulse control almost got the better of me...:lol:

The BSS guy is part of the 501st? You'd think they wouldn't let folks like that within their ranks. If that is true and he does belong to the 501st, that really changes my view of their organization sadly...Not that my opinion matters or anything, but I thought they were pretty good about having quality members and keeping the manipulators, thieves, and whackadoos out...

Unfortunatly there's not much the 501st can do to control what people do in their free time. His internet transactions have nothing to do with a costuming group.

Folks, please keep this thread civil. Suggesting violence upon another individual is not acceptable for these forums and is against our COC.

When I first started my project, I could not find shin tools anywhere (I hadn't found BM at the time.) BSS was the only person I saw sellin' the things. I was warned about BSS from minute 1 when I bought a helmet from somebody on here. I'm glad I stayed away.

I didn't mean the 501st should take legal action or anything. You'd think ripping off their trooping peers would be enough to cut him from the organization so that his reputation doesn't carry over onto yours. Not to mention if the folks buying from him may only be doing so because he's advertising that he's part of the 501st, as that (in the trooping world) would lend him some credibility, no?

Unfortunatly there's not much the 501st can do to control what people do in their free time. His internet transactions have nothing to do with a costuming group.

I didn't mean the 501st should take legal action or anything. You'd think ripping off their trooping peers would be enough to cut him from the organization so that his reputation doesn't carry over onto yours. Not to mention if the folks buying from him may only be doing so because he's advertising that he's part of the 501st, as that (in the trooping world) would lend him some credibility, no?

I agree with you, here. If one advertises that they are part of the 501st, then they are representing the group as a whole. Ripping people off tarnishes the reputation of the 501st, especially if he's using it to give the seller a false sense of security.

I agree with you, here. If one advertises that they are part of the 501st, then they are representing the group as a whole. Ripping people off tarnishes the reputation of the 501st, especially if he's using it to give the seller a false sense of security.
As I said before, it's being looked into folks.

be carefull pay pal will only watch your back for 45 days. The credit card co. is only going to watch your back for 60 days. Just found that one out today.

So sorry to hear about this. Sometimes the worse lessons are the best. We don't see it now. But we will see it later. Best of luck my friend.

I disagree. If the mods on TDH can ban someone for recasting in their spare time, then surely the 501st can do just the same thing. Not only has he recasted, but he has ripped people off and pretty much conned people out of their money. I guess we'll see what happens when Andy or someone else hears back from the CO.

I know, I said I wouldn't get into it, but these threads are fun.

I disagree. If the mods on TDH can ban someone for recasting in their spare time, then surely the 501st can do just the same thing. Not only has he recasted, but he has ripped people off and pretty much conned people out of their money. I guess we'll see what happens when Andy or someone else hears back from the CO.

But the banning on TDH occurs due to a Code of Conduct violation. For someone to be expelled from the 501st, I do believe he/she needs to violate the 501st charter in some way shape or form.

Last edited by a moderator:
his CO contacted me tuesdey and asked for info and said he was going to contact him. I hope he can do something for that kid whos out 800.00. I think other than throwing him out of the 501 there is not much more he can do. Oh well. I still need a jet pack. Anyway I think im over it. Im tired of crying over spilled milk. See ya in a better thread.

his CO contacted me tuesdey and asked for info and said he was going to contact him. I hope he can do something for that kid whos out 800.00. I think other than throwing him out of the 501 there is not much more he can do. Oh well. I still need a jet pack. Anyway I think im over it. Im tired of crying over spilled milk. See ya in a better thread.

There's not much the 501st can do, but there *is* something that we can do: report Bloodsport Studios to the authorities, and charge him with Fraud. What he's doing is illegal, and he should be held accountable for it.
There's a lot of fraud going around on ebay right now and the authorities are cracking down on them but hard. A series of reports against him will shut him down.

Well, you have the right to disagree all you want but there is nothing the 501st will officially do. Its up to the individual consumer to handle or take up with the proper authorities (fraud). Here's the 501st's official stance on recasters:

Council Resolution 1: Legion's Stance on Recasting
Resolution: The 501st Legion does not condone, support, or encourage re-casting. It is, however, outside of the scope of this club's mission, charter, authority, jurisdiction, and purview to consume our time and energies as a volunteer organization in efforts to prosecute those who, of their own volition, choose to engage in re-casting.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back