My scratchbuilt progress: cardboard *PIC INTENSIVE*

Wow, why did I not keep up with this thread? That is an amazing bucket. Now you can have the pride of wearing it and being being able to say you made that.

One thing I can see for improvement though, is the dome, right where it meets the brow. Instead of going strait down, it appears to curve inward. Kind of like a circle that is just short of being cut in half. Do you know see what I mean? I wish I could explain it better. This can be easily fixed in the bondo process.

The arrows also look like they could be straightened out a little.

Keep up the good work. (y)

Absolutely incredible! This shows that anything is impossible. The only critique I have is that the dent is too high and far back. I can't wait to see some paint on this puppy. I'm in awe of your patience and skill.

im just finishing with the paper part of my first scratch build and i was wondering if you bondo'd the inside of the bucket??

at the last time i touched it I had pretty much covered the whole outside with bondo and am working on getting it sanded. there's also a section of the dome that is kinda flat so i'm trying to build that up a little more with the bondo. I also filled in the dent and the arrows so that I can put them in more accurate places. I haven't worked on it in awhile because I live in an apartment and the only place to work is outside on my deck and it's been too cold for that. As far as the inside, i plan on leaving it cardboard so that if anyone asks how I made it I can say it's made of cardboard and if they don't believe it i can just show them the inside.

thanks for the kind words.

Bah, I can't see your pictures at work. I'll have to check it out again at home since Photobucket is blocked here. I'm really interested in seeing your pictures, hopefully I can get more inspiration. Cardboard, FTW!

I'm working on a cardboard bucket too. Thanks to Honus and WOF, as well.

I've used the Modpodge as on the outside to seal the surface and maintain the detail but I'm coating the entire inside with fiberglass and resin. Mostly because I have it but also partially to see how well this technique works.

The modpodge did add a little firmness to it but the fiberglass has turned it into a solid helmet.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back