Had to share my Idea would like comments and constructive crit.

morpheus1977

Active Hunter
(now before I get started on my quick story I am sure I am not the first to think this up so dont flame me if you came up with it first LOL)So I am driving home from work today when all of a sudden an Idea hit me like a TON of bricks. I immediately make a U turn and head straight to my local hardware store I pick up a couple of clips some screws, nuts and some spray plastidip. I grab my back plate mark off the holes. Drill the holes apply a few coats of plastidip to the clips attach them and VOILA instant back harness for my blaster rifle. I have a few pics and all it is, is the vest back plate and blaster rifle I was not going to get completley suited up for some quick pics LOL .
clips1.jpg

clips2.jpg

backview.jpg

sideview.jpg

How inovative. Looks good. I havent seen anything like it before, adds to the look. Because of this, you are now open to making side arms as well, or close combat weapons to add to the character.

-tubachris

I was planning on doing this to my backpack as well, great to see someone try it though! Im mounting my backpack directly to my backplate, it'll be light so it wont cause problems

I wish I could take credit a friend of mine actually made it its a general grevious blaster he used PFC to extend the barrel and a removable stock (I forgot to attach the stock for the pic ) but I attached a red dot site and a digi cam tripod right underneith the front of the barrel.

the only prob is its pretty much for show because I cant really access it I can grab the barrel but the clips really hold it in place and I am worried if I yank it to hard I might crack the back plate.

I like it! I'd been thinking about doing something like that for my pistols, but had never gotten around to trying it out. Good job man.

the only prob is its pretty much for show because I cant really access it I can grab the barrel but the clips really hold it in place and I am worried if I yank it to hard I might crack the back plate.

That answers my question, but is there a way to make it functional? It would be great if you could reach back and swing that puppy around for a shot at the nearest bounty, I mean bad guy! :lol:

(y)

/\ thanks.
I have been racking my brain trying to think of how to make it functional I want it to be able to hold it in place while walking around but to be able to take it off also

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back