My Halloween Debute...

GRINCH

Active Hunter
First let me start off by saying everyone LOVES Boba Fett! I must have been asked "can I take a picture with you Boba" at least 30 times. In fact my 7 year old son kinda got upset that all these strangers were coming up to us. Thank god my wife was there to help out. Anyway I hope the pics work as this is my first "pic" post. I will be posting more pics of my 501st submission pics later in the week. I can't wait till Oct.31 when my family goes to Brighthouse field for there Halloween carnival. These pics were taken at Guavaween.

Boba & Logan.jpg

Thanx for the compliments. On occasion I did get called a "clonetrooper" & "Jango Fett". Ended the day though with my blaster that I bought from fettpride breaking in half! I had it resting against a wall & it just slipped & cracked on impact. I have used e6000 to try & glue it back, but the spot where it broke is of course the weakest part. Any idea how the best way to fix this? I will also be contacting fettpride to see what he thinks.

Blaster1.jpg

Blaster2.jpg

Blaster3.jpg

Thanx for the compliments. On occasion I did get called a "clonetrooper" & "Jango Fett". Ended the day though with my blaster that I bought from fettpride breaking in half! I had it resting against a wall & it just slipped & cracked on impact. I have used e6000 to try & glue it back, but the spot where it broke is of course the weakest part. Any idea how the best way to fix this? I will also be contacting fettpride to see what he thinks.

HOLY CRAP dude that is terrible!

Yeah tell me about it....I guess the only good thing about it breaking was that it happened at the end of the day. I felt naked without it walking. Really would like to get it fixed, since it is an incredible blaster that was well made (and costly, if I might add).

Ouuuuuuuch... I hope you can get that fixed.

for the repair. if possible, i'd drill out a hole in each side, and put a metal rod through to give it extra strength. you could make the holes a bit big to give the rod some play... squish bondo/putty/goop/whatever into the holes, insert the rod, cover your surfaces with whatever adhesive you like, push it together and line the parts up.

Hello,

Great looking Boba and pics. As for the blaster, tk7602's method is the best way, but I would use at least a 1/4' threaded rod or a bolt with the head cut off. The threads will give the glue something to grab onto. I would also recomend using a slow cure epoxy, like the 24 hour stuff this should give you a really strong bond.

Good luck.

Alan

Let us all take a moment to morn the loss of his fine blaster.... :cry

That is such a shame, but seems to be part of the hobby... as far as blasters go, that is why I want a hyper firm. I bet its fixable though.

Sorry to hear about the baster, dude. That happened to me at SDCC ... my blaster broke at the same spot and fell on the concrete ... I was not thrilled.:angry:cry:angry

I would try JB Weld along with the recomended metal rod technique. Sorry to see that happen. Your suit and blaster look great

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back