Star Fortress Pro. Question...

Mehrunes Dagon87

New Hunter
Good day all, I have just started looking into a new set of armor as I have saved for a few years. As I cannot craft my own I was going to buy a set from SF and do some custom painting on it to make it custom. However I was on the Heroes Villains, and Mandolorian ezboard and their I was told the SF was not a good place. Well I used the search engine on this forum to find and discussions on that subject but Im still on the fence. I would like to ask what anyone thinks of the company and their experiences with them or what you heard. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I dont get ripped. Thank you all and all you custom mando guys are awesome!!!

From what I have heard if you order from SF it will take an extremely long time to get your stuff, if you get it at all. SF stuff isn't very accurate, and the boots that I had from SF were not accurate at all and basically looked like bowling shoes when I got them. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed in my dealing with SF. If you take my advice I would suggest that you not do business with SF just from knowing the history behind the person that is the founder of SF.

do not get SF
the guy is a pervert and had to move to singapore because he raped underage girls....

i wouldnt feel comfortable wearing something made by a guy who did that..and plus that stuff doesnt look good,and half of his pics are in paint...

Good day all, I have just started looking into a new set of armor as I have saved for a few years. As I cannot craft my own I was going to buy a set from SF and do some custom painting on it to make it custom. However I was on the Heroes Villains, and Mandolorian ezboard and their I was told the SF was not a good place. Well I used the search engine on this forum to find and discussions on that subject but Im still on the fence. I would like to ask what anyone thinks of the company and their experiences with them or what you heard. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I dont get ripped. Thank you all and all you custom mando guys are awesome!!!
Yes, stay very very far away from Star Fortress Productions...

Well thats pretty straight-forward, I thank you all for your replies and now I will try to think of another way to acquire my set. Does anyone know any sites that sell all the items needed for a full set of armor? I do not have the equipmet to make my own, I would like to buy a full set and then modify it with custom paint and other modifications. I just cant find any sites that sell all that I need, the only one that did was SF and now apparently thats gone, lol so any sites you could lead me too would be great thanks!

I make armour. I use a CNC laser and cut armour out of Sintra, it's an expanded foam like PVC. Are you looking for a specific material like fiberglass? I'm not sure about any fiberglass suppliers for Fett armor that isn't dented. I can make both Jango and Boba.

Oh, and welcome to The Dented Helmet!

Andy

From what I have heard if you order from SF it will take an extremely long time to get your stuff, if you get it at all.

Very true.

I would like to ask what anyone thinks of the company and their experiences with them or what you heard.

I remember the last time somebody asked about SFP on these forums. I will share the response I gave to the last person who asked. One of my friends ordered a complete snowtrooper from them, and one day, she received an express mail package from them with the complete snowtrooper in it. But this was 597 days after she ordered it! No joke!

do not get SF
the guy is a pervert and had to move to singapore because he raped underage girls....

i wouldnt feel comfortable wearing something made by a guy who did that..and plus that stuff doesnt look good,and half of his pics are in paint...

Wow, thats some creepy stuff. I'm not trying to be a jerk because i'm just curious. When did this happen? and do you have a link to a news website about him? (example: cnn.com)

Wow, thats some creepy stuff. I'm not trying to be a jerk because i'm just curious. When did this happen? and do you have a link to a news website about him? (example: cnn.com)
I did see an article about it once, but I've been having trouble looking for it. I believe it was also posted on the 501st forums, let me go take a look.

Ignoring the personal aspects of him, his props are extremely expensive, mediocre and if you order, you may never get the item.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy dog dooky. I tell you what it is a good thing that he wasn't caught in Texas. Anybody here played Quake 3 and killed someone with there saw so they could here the "HUMILIATION!!" voice. Well, he would be hearing this, "CASTRATION!!"

Holy dog dooky. I tell you what it is a good thing that he wasn't caught in Texas. Anybody here played Quake 3 and killed someone with there saw so they could here the "HUMILIATION!!" voice. Well, he would be hearing this, "CASTRATION!!"

"In Texas, we have the death penalty, and we USE IT!!!" - Ron 'Tater Salad' White

See??... this is why I LOVE you people (seriously...I'm not being a smarty-pants). I usually do my homework before I suggest a place to my hubby for stuff (Jedi boots and belts...I know, we're turncoats ;) Not turing out back from our bounty hunters but just like to have a nice wide range of costumes to match what our mood is..."Sometimes you feel like a Sith, sometimes you don't") , but this time I did the opposite and emailed him the link to this place's website BEFORE I looked on TDH to see if anyone had any input. I just sent him another email to tell him to junk the SP link. I guess I've learned my lesson. (He DID sound promising though... grr. I guess you DO get what you pay for). Thanks for the warnings. :zam

SF is a complete joke, when I was just starting out, I placed an order with those clowns and shortly after reading negative feedback about them, I canceld my order. the guy tried to come after me for the money and told me that after a few days from me placing my order, they had completed my suit and armour (yeah right) and that I have to pay for it. he even tried contacting my credit card company for payment??? *******!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back