Helmet interior padding?

I'm curious as to which way is the best to pad the interior of the helmet to make it comfortable to wear?
Should I go the construction helmet liner rout or is there a beter way?

i chopped up an old motocross helmet liner and used velcro to hold it in. after some modifications, it fits pretty snug and comfortably.

If you've got a small or med sized head, you can use a hard-hat liner. I personaly just used some hot glue and glued in some black open cell foam. Not pretty, but it works.

I'm gonna go with a marrow sun kit now that I have a fiberglass helmet with aluminum stalk and improved visor. It will make the inside a work of art as well. but if it doesn't take up enough room I am gonna use well cut and placed weather stripping to augment it to fit my small head.

I just Imed him. I Imed him a couple of times. before he sold off his latest batch. said just give him some time and he could get me one

here's mine...

normal_Last_Roll_-_09.jpg

not fancy at all, but it gets the job done :)

I just Imed him. I Imed him a couple of times. before he sold off his latest batch. said just give him some time and he could get me one

I would have done the same, but he already said he wasnt gonna do another large run, so I didnt want to bug him about it.

-tubachris

aw man he just Imed me guess I am gonna have to figure out another way/ or project cause he can't fill orders. Oh well foam weather stripping here I come.

I recommend a hard-hat liner instead of padding/foam/stripping; you'll get better airflow through the bucket not having something in contact with your entire head or face.

I recommend a hard-hat liner instead of padding/foam/stripping; you'll get better airflow through the bucket not having something in contact with your entire head or face.
I have used both hard hat liner and foam inside of my buckets, I believe I like the hard hat liner better, it has a better grasp of my head and when I turn the helmet does too!! :)

I just got done doing mine , I used foam stripping I molded a down ward path for airflow around the the sides of the visor. It allowed me to tailor fit the helmet to my own head. my fan points at my brow in down ward anyway so that helps vent air out.
I hate the hard had method because i always seem to lose hair every time I pull off the helmet. I wore one of these for a couple of years just out of high school.I have never tried the lining/ padding of other helmets but I would bet any of the three would be a good way to go.

I have two hard hat liners and plenty of foam, a Mystery buy'ce, and a fairly large head. Also I plan on running at least some rudimentary electronics inside too. I think I'm going to have to probably work with the foam as the hard hat liners would take up too much room, no?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back