Series II rubber armor MAN of WAR "pics"

Man of War Studios

Well-Known Hunter
Hey guys,

Here are some photos of the new Series II rubber knee armor. Included is the matching rubber cod done in yellow dyed rubber to match Boba's primer yellow. PM for details.

Christian

:eek: :eek: "King of rubber" :cheers When are you going to make some rubber Jango knees? I think I need a pair of those, but we'll need to hide the rear strap.

Last edited by a moderator:
JN,

I think I'll make some Jango versions once I've completed orders for the new ROTJ gauntlets..I gottah take care of those guys before they linch me :p

Christian

Absolute amazing work as usual!:cheers I gotta say I like the idea of dying the rubber yellow. Since the armor can flex, I was wondering if the somebody painted this, would the paint peel, crack, chip, etc. if the armor was bent too much. Again I don't know much about painting, but I really like the idea of dying the armor.

Jimmy B,

Some of us touched base on this a while back...Just keep your top-coats to 2-3 layers. I've applied several heavy coats on an old set without a problem.

The rubber I use is very dense material. It only flex's when pressure is applied to it. Most of the flex is concentrated on just a few spots of the knee armor durring wear which minimizes possible paint damage concerns..Best I can describe it ? Imagine flexing the top of a Tupper-ware container, "That's the density" !

Hope this helps,

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back